Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

So, my mk3 is getting V8 power.......

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Vehicle modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DreXeL

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmyw wrote:
That is "sofa-king" sweet I must say!

By how much is the diff fouling the sump? It may be easier to lower the diff by putting it on a custom bracket on the crossmember, at least that is how I would go about it in a MK2

The thought did cross my mind, but it's a good 3". I could raise the engine an inch but the bell housing is already close to the top of the transmission tunnel. Will probably be easier all round to just mod the sump, I've got some good welder mates so it shouldn't be much of a problem.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:02    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

DreXeL

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit of an update, I haven't been able to get a lot done due to being back at work this week, but I did finish modding the sump:

I installed it but even with the mods it was tighter against the diff than I would like, so I raised the engine mounts a bit. This has given me lots of clearance, but caused another problem, the engine is now canted backwards too much, it's almost touching the bulkhead and the prop angles are more than I'm comfortable with due to the angle of the engine and transmission. I intend to solve this by simply dropping the entire front subframe by around 20-25mm with some spacer plates. This will bring the engine and driveline into a more acceptable angle, and as an added bonus it will help to bring my front CVs more into line, I've never been happy with the angle of them since doing the 2" lift so it'll be better all round. I'll lose some ground clearance, but I can live with that.
NJV6

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is often a bit of space to lift the gearbox and its pretty easy to do - do the gen 3's have a bit of space there? A conversion I did I lifted the trans and i didn't like the angles.
DreXeL

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJV6 wrote:
There is often a bit of space to lift the gearbox and its pretty easy to do - do the gen 3's have a bit of space there? A conversion I did I lifted the trans and i didn't like the angles.

Funnily enough, that exact thought occurred to me last night. I'll still space the subframe down 20mm as it's pretty straightforward, and I'll lift the gearbox too. That should level it all up nicely.
DreXeL

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, made some more progress. Dropping the subframe 20mm and lifting the gearbox 15mm worked a treat.  I also installed the oil lines, oil cooler, and oil filter relocation. Radiator is in place, but not 100% plumed in yet as I'm waiting for some 90-degree elbows. I've also started the wiring, oh, and I have given it it's first test run Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA59XVg00V0&feature=youtu.be

Ignore the smoke, I'm pretty sure that it's from some residual diesel that was still in the tank, and the open headers are allowing it to come straight back into the engine bay. Other than that it seems to run well for the 30-seconds or so that I've ran it Very Happy
Simon_W

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 22:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic! I can't believe how quickly you've got the engine in and running. Brilliant.  congrats
jonny ramrod

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 0:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work  Very Happy
NJV6

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job. You may have said, what computer are you using? You have done well if it is factory one as I believe they are a sod to wire up with the gearbox using the same computer?
DreXeL

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using the factory Lexus engine loom and ECU piggybacked onto the Mitsubishi loom. Mitsubishi ECU is still in place to run everything else. Mine is a manual gearbox, so no gearbox wiring headaches.
DreXeL

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the lack of updates, haven't had much spare time and been having issues sorting the clutch, but it's done now and today she moved under her own steam Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ-t4oV0q90&feature=youtu.be

I'm hoping the smoke is down to a combination of some residual diesel and rich running due to the ECU still learning. We'll see how it goes after I've run a few tanks through it.

Hoping to get the exhaust done some time next week, then I can take it for a proper drive Very Happy
Simon_W

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

That does sound great!
I am full of admiration for you doing this work so quickly. You don't mess about, do you?!  Smile
kenthepipe
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 19:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

...., ditto, amazing  Wink
jimmyw
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 22:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing! Love it  Very Happy  Very Happy
DreXeL

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 18:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Air filter finally arrived today, so that's it finished pretty much. Just the exhaust now, unfortunately they ca't fit it in until next weds Sad

Pretty pleased with that, looks at home in there  thumbright
kenthepipe
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

..., agree, look,s like OE   Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Vehicle modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: