2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Electrical issues, no doubt a fuse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
minesapasty
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 20:57    Post subject: Electrical issues, no doubt a fuse Reply with quote

Got a bit of a panic on....... I changed my radio/CD unit earlier in my 3.2 DiD 03 plate Shogun. When I went to tune the stations in, I found that it wouldn't switch on. Checked power, and there was no switched 12 volts, permanent 12 volts is OK..... checked fuses ( Internal fuse No 3 and under bonnet fuse 17 as according to owners handbook) and both were OK. So I thought, leave it until tomorrow after work as I am pushed for time...... no central locking Hmmmm found a blown 25A fuse in the under bonnet fuse box that relates to central locking, changed it and no different. That was when I noticed that I also have no electrical wing mirror operation, no internal lights, no central dash info display and no windows operation. Engine starts, external lights work, dash lights work, and as far as I am aware, charging system is working OK.

I have checked the 3 big fuses on the battery terminal, they are OK, I have also checked every fuse in the under the bonnet fuse panel, according to the handbook, none of the internal fuses relate to any of these except for the radio, which I have checked...... anyone have any ideas?

I am obviously missing something, and daylight disappearing put slow methodical checking out of the window, (or would if they would open). With the amount of things that have failed, I am guessing that there must be a fuse, similar as on a Mk2, which has fuse 13 in the internal fuse box which supports a lot more than just the radio.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 20:57    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

geodrome

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 21:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the 10amp fuse in the yellow box that lifts up, number 18.
Good luck I've given up trying to find the same fault!
minesapasty
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

The yellow lift up box in the under the bonnet fuse box ? 2 fuses, both are 10A..... checked them and they were fine. The only thing that I have found so far, is a 25A fuse in the same fuse box that related to the central locking...... changing it made no difference.
geodrome

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turn your ignition on and the central locking should work. So should windows.
I had to swap the yellow and red radio wires around to get my radio working properly. Academic now as it doesn't work due to blown fuse.
minesapasty
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 22:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have contacted a friend/member who is also a Mitsi Tech , and he is going to have a look at the wiring diagrams tomorrow...... I will let you know what he says, it might solve your problems too Very Happy
geodrome

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 23:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be great, I've had mine apart chasing wires the ETACs unit, new towbar loom. Thought that had fixed it as it worked for a few hours. Even been through the diagrams myself. Am now wondering if it is something in the ignition switch.
minesapasty
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems mine is fixed..... as I said before, I found the 25 Amp fuse blown for the central locking, but couldn't find anymore........ well, having more time tonight, and having asked advise from Wayne, a mitsi tech who is a member on here, I checked the info that he asked me to check. He was thinking down the road of a junction box having fried, as I had checked all of the fuses etc. Afterwards, I decided to recheck all of the fuses under the bonnet again, and was using the diode test for the audible tone, rather than having to keep looking at the display...... one of the fuses made a strange tone compared to the rest, the fuse for the interior lighting, so I took it out from the lift up bit, and bobs your dads brother, that booger was blown too...... changed it, and everything is working again. That'll teach me for rushing due to fading light last night, I heard the tone and thought, that one is OK, move onto the next...... Oh well onwards and upwards, plus I saved myself some money, by knicking the wifes car to go to work this morning Very Happy and used her petrol Very Happy
geodrome

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the one on mine that keeps blowing!
No other fuse is blown I've tried them all.
minesapasty
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 13:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was talking to Wayne, before I found the second fuse, he was suggesting that there was a junction box that could have been fried...... I don't know if this helps you at all.

On the other hand, the update on mine, is that it is still behaving as it should.
geodrome

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 17:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a possibility can you ask him where it is please?
minesapasty
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 14:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to have taken so long to reply..... I haven't spoken to Wayne since solving my issue. He is a member on here, but like so many of the long term members, he rarely comes on anymore, but I will ask him, when I next speak to him.
geodrome

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, it's been since October that I've had the fault. So there is no rush now, would be nice to get it fixed for when I sell it. Got a wing to replace aswell.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: