Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Cobra Alarm (AGAIN)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wee_jada77

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 15:18    Post subject: Cobra Alarm (AGAIN) Reply with quote

Hi,

I have read a lot of threads discussing how to programme new fobs/keys, etc. for the Cobra Alarm systems. Can anyone tell me how I identify which system I have? I do NOT have my PIN code or any manuals. I was given one touch key, one ignition key and one key fob when purchasing the car. I have managed to get another fob and got a key, with transponder chip, cut at local key cutter.

I am assuming that once I can identify my model of alarm (and exactly where to look to identify it) I will be able to contact Cobra for my PIN number? And then follow the correct one of the many procedures on this forum to programme my new spare key and fob to my car?

This is a bit of a nightmare it appears after reading all the people who seem to have the same issue?!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 15:18    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

VIKI

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 4:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yours model number should be on fob and on alarm box, if I good remember you should look for it on driver side bottom of dash, but I am not sure about it.
scotcruz

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 20:00    Post subject: Re: Cobra Alarm (AGAIN) Reply with quote

Wee_jada77 wrote:
Hi,

I have read a lot of threads discussing how to programme new fobs/keys, etc. for the Cobra Alarm systems. Can anyone tell me how I identify which system I have? I do NOT have my PIN code or any manuals. I was given one touch key, one ignition key and one key fob when purchasing the car. I have managed to get another fob and got a key, with transponder chip, cut at local key cutter.

I am assuming that once I can identify my model of alarm (and exactly where to look to identify it) I will be able to contact Cobra for my PIN number? And then follow the correct one of the many procedures on this forum to programme my new spare key and fob to my car?

This is a bit of a nightmare it appears after reading all the people who seem to have the same issue?!

To get the PIN number from Cobra (now Vodafone Automotive Ltd) you need the serial number too. So the best thing to do its get this information from the alarm control box which is on the driver side kick panel and while you are there, just take it out and send it to Vodafone Automotive Ltd (after speaking to them over the phone) who can programme it for you for peace of mind.

give us a shout if you need anymore advice.
tom fenton
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 20:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ignition key with it's transponder is nothing to do with the Cobra alarm, it's coded I believe to the Mitsubishi engine ECU. I think you'd need to get a dealer to program the key in.
radiomike

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 22:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom fenton wrote:
The ignition key with it's transponder is nothing to do with the Cobra alarm, it's coded I believe to the Mitsubishi engine ECU. I think you'd need to get a dealer to program the key in.

Correct, apparently some of the key cutters can clone an existing transponder key but I always use a dealer as I have one just up the road.
tom fenton
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 23:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do they charge to supply/code a key? I only have one key for mine so a spare would come in handy.
radiomike

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom fenton wrote:
What do they charge to supply/code a key? I only have one key for mine so a spare would come in handy.

Last one I bought was about £40+vat but they are genuine keys not aftermarket.  They are cut to key no or VIN by a company in the north west and supplied direct to the dealer within 48 hours.  Coding only takes a few minutes but most dealers have a minimum charge for use of the expensive diagnostic kit; best try to negotiate when you buy the key.
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 13:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a key done by the dealer in Derby for my last Shogun.

It was about 5 years ago and iirc it was just over £70 - which was a bit of a shock!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: