2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Low Emission Zone - Issues........:-(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimmylovesjeeps

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:42    Post subject: Low Emission Zone - Issues........:-( Reply with quote

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody could help me with emissions issue.

I am about to buy a Mitsubishi Pajero 95 (japan import) however I have since found out it is not Low Emission Zone (LEZ) exempt.

I have had a look at similar UK versions of the same year, all of which are LEZ exempt.

I was wondering what I could do and what the TFL base their decision on, and if there was anything I could do (apart from fitting a filter and getting it tested- a costly and timely exercise).

This is a major issue as I live within the LEZ zone. however I have my heart set on this Pajero!!! Confused

Many thanks for your responses.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:42    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

tom fenton
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a search on here, there is a post with the info you need. I don't remember the ins and outs but it is something to do with what the Pajero got registered as when it was imported. I believe it can be changed.
Jimbro
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's not LEZ exempt, DVLA have registered it wrong.

Quite a few have had the same problem where it had been registered as a 4WD utility vehicle, I think

Should be registered as estate or sometime there done as MPV

I think you'd need to see the V5 and approach Mitsubishi to get proof for re-registering
Mark3
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

2.5 and 2.8 diesel Pajeros are exempt, i live just in the zone and have no issues, chances are the import documents was filled out incorrectly as utility vehicle when it should be listed as 5 door estate.
Mark3
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

p.s. my neighbour had this problem, he took several pics of the vehicle with doors open showing the seats and took them to his local DVLA office and they re registered it correctly for him.
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1136262#1136262

Hi and welcome,do you really love jee ps  Shocked  Laughing
jimmylovesjeeps

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 15:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your responses,

Great help and Great news.

I will push the green button and go for it  Very Happy
Clive's

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 19:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thinking of selling the 2.8SWB and one person who was interested  asked "is it LEZ compliant?" Now I thought that it would be similar to the situation with Land Rovers i.e. if it was an estate then ok, if a County then a no, even though they have the same powertrain. So I used the TFL compliance website and to my surprise out came non-complaint on registration number. So looking at the V5 issued November 2012 when I bought it the car is described as a "Motor Caravan" Had a bit of a laugh on that one as there's hardly room to swing the proverbial cat let alone spend night in it. So clearly TFL do not see all Pajeros as estate cars.

What's my best action to take? Would photos and a letter to DVLA be best? Even if I keep the car I would want it LEZ complaint.
Clive's

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I sent letter to DVSA with pictures of the VIN plate, external and internals of the car, together with the old V5 with the section completed showing which details I would like changed. After four weeks I have head reply from DVSA which enclosed a new V5 with EXACTLY the same details  on as the one that I had submitted to them. No letter of explanation has been given as to why they have ignored my request. Whats the best action to take now as unless I sell that car in Scotland anyone around here is likely to want it LEZ compliant.
vijay

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you contact Mitsi for a letter as this is what DVLA will need?
Clive's

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. No I did not include anything from Mitsi, but have since contacted them and they have sent me an Email confirming the cars correct classification against its VIN number. I have spoken to DVSA (ex VOSA) and they ere puzzled as to why DVLA just sent me a V5 that was unchanged without any explanation. So they put me through to the DVLA section concerned .hey had no record of my submission, but were at a loss to explain then why they had issued a new V5!! When I asked for them to investigate where my submission papers were, I was told to resubmit as it would be quicker. Bizarre. I am tempted to resubmit with the letter clearly headed Customer Complaint. Cheers
Clive's

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clive's wrote:
Thanks for the reply. No I did not include anything from Mitsi, but have since contacted them and they have sent me an Email confirming the cars correct classification against its VIN number. I have spoken to DVSA (ex VOSA) and they ere puzzled as to why DVLA just sent me a V5 that was unchanged without any explanation. So they put me through to the DVLA section concerned .hey had no record of my submission, but were at a loss to explain then why they had issued a new V5!! When I asked for them to investigate where my submission papers were, I was told to resubmit as it would be quicker. Bizarre. I am tempted to resubmit with the letter clearly headed Customer Complaint. Cheers

Have today received the amended V5 showing the car as "Estate". Checked with TFL LEZ and it now shows as LEZ exempt.

Good news.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: