Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Angel-Eye Projector headlight Rear LED lamps for 3.2 DID??

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the MOT people concentrate on safety and some things don't come under their jurisdiction.

I have LEDs in all my lights except the headlights - no e-mark on them so once again they are technically illegal. But they have passed the MOT for four years now.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:50    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

mick_n3
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 18:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

peteinchad wrote:
I think the MOT people concentrate on safety and some things don't come under their jurisdiction.

I have LEDs in all my lights except the headlights - no e-mark on them so once again they are technically illegal. But they have passed the MOT for four years now.

Mot wise testers won't look to hard as long a it looks right, there are guidelines but when I was doing them you use a bit of common sense, like I said it's the insurance companies that take the proverbial.

As Assassin mentioned earlier if was an OE supplier it should be ok, as a general rule of thumb if it didn't leave the factory then it's a mod even dealer fit options are mods that need to be declared I have a genuine Mitsubishi dealer supplied A Bar a mod that RAC turned their nose up at yet it was available as a dealer fit option, if in doubt declare it

Pete I did the same with Flux and got an agreed value just to be on the safe side, to be honest it didn't make that much difference with Flux, better to be safe than sorry should anything happen and I got a discount for POCUK membership, win all round
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 18:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

mick_n3 wrote:

Pete I did the same with Flux and got an agreed value just to be on the safe side, to be honest it didn't make that much difference with Flux, better to be safe than sorry should anything happen and I got a discount for POCUK membership, win all round

I agree Mick - Not just Flux, but with all insurers, get them to send you details of what they have on file.

I suppose putting different tyres on to the ones it was supplied with as new would also be classed as a mod.

I wouldn't have thought to declare my towbar but someone on here posted that someone ran in to the back of his truck when it was parked and the other driver's insurance tried to get out of paying because it hadn't been declared as a modification.

I wonder if you can get insurance against the insurance companies not paying out?
VIKI

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 23:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question is how you should know what is a mod what is not? Just to stick with tyres example how you should know on which brand /model of rubber was factory fitted when you have 10+ years old vehicle?
Rob546454

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as tyres go its only if you change the size.

The lamps look a bit dark, but if you ever get stopped just argue that the MOT tester passed it. Worst comes to worst be prepared to taken them off at the roadside and they can't really do anything. I don't suspect you will have any bother though.

Most police are not bothered about little things, especially the older traffic police, as long as its nothing dangerous. But obviously if they see you driving like a bellend they will use those things against you.
VIKI

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob thats leads as to conclusions so as long as it's not spikes on bumper etc MadMax mods you may do as you pleased..? Wink
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got stopped by the Police for having one rear light not working - despite having two on each side.
Wee_jada77

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the rear lights fitted to my 2004 LWB and have been very happy with them. Been on the truck for a year now. Passed MOT with no issues/questions as folk have indicated above. Also had no questions asked by the boys in blue, whom I have driving behind me on a regular basis.

I would suggest informing your insurer. My insurer had no problems with them and listed them.

One thing, assuming these are exactly the same as the ones I bought, you will need to get someone to do a bit of wire jiggery-pokery if you want the brake lights in the cluster to light when braking? Otherwise they will be purely for decoration! I got mine wired up and you would have to be blind not to notice when I brake these days  Laughing Very Happy
VIKI

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wee_jada77 do you mean lights like this LED's http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PAJERO-2000-2006-LED-Tail-Rear-Light-Lamp-V1-SMOKE-for-MITSUBISHI-/121614966077?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c50d11d3d
or standard lights with upgraded cluster to add 1 extra braking light/side/cluster ?
Rob546454

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 13:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

VIKI wrote:
Rob thats leads as to conclusions so as long as it's not spikes on bumper etc MadMax mods you may do as you pleased..? Wink

Well obviously within reason and the laws of common sense. I am always about late at night so I have been stopped enough times. Never been stopped in the day. Obviously if your vehicle looks well kept and you haven't done anything wrong they check your details and let you on your way. If you make them feel unwelcome or your driving a pile of junk with dim lights expect bother.
VIKI

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 13:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

So more or less all good rule "look feel suspicious is suspicious " still apply Wink
Wee_jada77

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

VIKI wrote:
Wee_jada77 do you mean lights like this LED's http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PAJERO-2000-2006-LED-Tail-Rear-Light-Lamp-V1-SMOKE-for-MITSUBISHI-/121614966077?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c50d11d3d
or standard lights with upgraded cluster to add 1 extra braking light/side/cluster ?

I mean the LED cluster in the link. The wiring loom you have factory fitted to your truck, for the standard fitted light cluster, will not light all the lights/LEDs on the new cluster as there is no feed to the loom for them all.

I can't quite remember if it was the brakes or running lights which didn't work but they just plug and play, so you can fit them and see what's what. You may well be happy with them as they are once fitted? Unsure how mine were wired in order to make all the LEDs work as I got an auto electrician friend to help me but I assume he took a feed from the rear bumper lights and wired it to the cluster loom. Allowing the relevant LEDs to light in the cluster when needed/appropriate.

Hope this helps?
VIKI

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 13:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it helps most appreciated !
assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete:

Its easy to get an E marked light, the mark is on both the lens and body so they have two marks on them, to retain them all you do is cut the lens off the body carefully with a sharp craft knife as they use PU glue to hold them together, make up an LED plate and install into the light unit, bond the lens back on and instant E marked lights.

As far as tyres go, they have a load rating and speed rating.

If the load rating is that, or above that specified by the OE specifications from the manufacturer then fine; if the speed rating is that of, or higher then the manufacturers official top speed for the vehicle then fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: