Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Remote locking mods - security

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikejd

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 14:06    Post subject: Remote locking mods - security Reply with quote

I have noticed quite a few posts about adding remote locking to the key operated central locking using a device sourced from the web/ebay. Just one question - as these would seem to be generic devices how secure are the actuating buttons? I am guessing there will only be a limited number of trigger signals so many of these units will share fobs.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 14:06    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 15:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought two identical cheap eBay alarms and they both had different codes on the key fobs.

The reason for getting two was that at less than £30 each I didn't expect them to last long - 4 years later and the first one is still working as it should.

The cheapness doesn't affect the number of codes available - it will be in the thousands, if not millions. The main problem is people grabbing the code when you open the truck - and even an expensive alarm is open to that happening.

For less than the price of an expensive alarm I got two alarms and then bought a Chinese tracker as well - and that is still working four years later.

One of the best ways of stopping theft is to fit a hidden switch that breaks the fuel solenoid circuit (diesel) or the ignition circuit (petrol).
johndps

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup,
pretty much what he said above.
I bought few cheap off ebay, worked perfect, easy instal, no probs.
Iceman151105

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any of you guys have a wiring diagram and can tell me were I can locate the wires under the dash please?

Cheers
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 19:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instructions for my alarm are on my Google Drive - HERE

You need to find the "Lock" and "Unlock" wires

If you have a MkII - then most have this wiring - but a couple on here had different coloured wires.

Black/Red for "Lock"and Black/Blue for "Unlock" - they are negative triggered - most modules let you choose positive or negative trigger by using different wires.

On mine (below) the "common" is connected to earth and one "Normally open goes to the "Lock" and the other "Normally open" goes to the "Unlock" wire of the truck.

I picked up the wires behind the triangular trim panel in front of the driver's door - but you can go directly to the locking module behind the front dash speaker near the drivers knee.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: