2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Shogun 2004 Smartnav Removal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mac_Shogun

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 15:53    Post subject: Shogun 2004 Smartnav Removal Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

Have just bought a 2004 Shogun LWB Warrior 3.2 did.

I had no idea what an aerial was I found going into a box of wires until I look online and linked to this forum to discover it's a smartnav system.

I dont like the thought of it (someone potentially being able to track me - Something to go wrong or case isues in the future - Worried the kids will press the button).

I followed the cable from the aerial on the side of the windscreen and it goes into a box behind some trim in the passenger footwell along with a lot of other wires.

There's also what looks like a GPS aerial on the middle of the dashboard & a mic on the roorlining at the drivers side & a button which I think switches it on, on the steering column.

Am I safe just to start following all the wires and removing everything I can get to?

I was going to start pulling it all out and tracing wires back as far as I can and removing as much as I can but thought I better check first, in case removing it could cause any problems?

Cheers....
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 15:53    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

radiomike

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 23:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to fit dozens of them as Trafficmaster  were local to me, many people liked them as there was no need to input any data, just make a phone call to a helpful operator and the route was downloaded for you.

There are only three basic connections to the vehicle, a red permanent feed, a blue ignition feed and a black earth.  The audio output has its own speaker but it may have been integrated into the radio speaker cables.  Later versions had a 'hockey puck' type antenna that catered for both GPS and GSM but it sounds like yours are separate.
Mac_Shogun

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mike, will hopefully grt to try it on Sunday or Monday & will look for those 3 wires & disconect them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: