QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

do i have something wrong with my pajero ??

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Main technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trekker

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the comparative test was 0 - 100 kph, you'll find it in Search under Road Test 0-100. It was designed to give a guide to what could be expected from the different 2.5 and 2.8 models.

If it were mph I'd still be waiting for a stronger tail wind, much stronger.  Laughing
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:45    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

hutchy

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

my first 2.5 was sluggish towing the tin tent,but then i had a 2.8 97 model with the edc pump,damn thing could pull a train regardless of hills or not,then got a 97 gdi it will pull anything like there is nothing on the back,had to keep a close eye on the speedo though....a few times thinking i,m doing 60 with the tin tent on the back but i was doing 85/90... Exclamation
tom fenton
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

hutchy wrote:
then got a 97 gdi it will pull anything like there is nothing on the back,had to keep a close eye on the speedo though

Is it not the fuel gauge you need to keep a close eye on !!!!  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

My 3.2 Mk3 is the best tow vehicle I've ever used, Ok second maybe to my mates Dads V10 TDI Touareg!
pistoltpete

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just joking at the 3.2s wondering what they were like
tom fenton
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great tow vehicle, but not without their issues, fuel pump & tank, rear suspension bushes, being two major ones, also rot to the inner sills and rear arches. Mine was cheap and even after the repairs I have done still doesn't owe me much for what it is. However if I had paid £6000 or more for a cleaner example I would not be too pleased at all.
Roadrunner2110

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the affordable tow car range Landrover ALWAYS come tops for towing vehicles usually diesels as quoted by the authorities who know and test vehicles, What Car, Autocar etc. The whole discussion is pointless unless it's specific to comparable vehicles and towed weights and wind areas. IMO I'd far rather tow at speed with my D2 TD5 than any Pajero I've ever driven not to say they are rubbish but they don't hold a candle on towing HEAVY loads fast.

It's a bit pointles like "my dad's bigger than your dad" .......................... nananan nana  Laughing  Rolling Eyes
pistoltpete

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 16:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

we i have just done the more power in an hour mod..

its defo made a nice difference.. going to take it on a test tow up the m20 hill this weekend and see how it goes... i sha report back then
hutchy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 18:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom fenton wrote:
hutchy wrote:
then got a 97 gdi it will pull anything like there is nothing on the back,had to keep a close eye on the speedo though

Is it not the fuel gauge you need to keep a close eye on !!!!  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

mines not bad on fuel it,s a lot better than it,s derv brothers,just depends how you drive it....if i drive like we are supposed to drive i can get 35 mpg but if i gun it then it,s like a second rev counter....but it don,t half annoy the boy racers Laughing
NJV6

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roadrunner2110 wrote:
NJV6 wrote:
Could be worth getting it checked out, recently there was a 0-100 acceleration thread here and it showed up that there were some 2.8's that were way way down on power from what they should be.

The 4m40 running as it should will perform as well as a td5, manual ones perform even better as almost zero transmission losses

Yeah, maybe with a JATO stuck to it's roof ...................................   Laughing  Laughing  Laughing .......................... dream on eh .......................... must be the air in NZ that the Kiwis breathe  Wink  Laughing

Na, our air is fresh and unbiased.... My comment still stands, especially the electronic 4m40, more power and torque than a TD5 and factory performance figures very similar.
pistoltpete

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

took it for a tow at the weekend

if you drive it properly.. not like the guy who did for me when i didn't have my trailer license it drives really well and pulls up hills well.. goes to about 45-50 on steep hils and i just let it plod rather than flooring it.. drove really well

defo sets off better with teh trailer now i have done the boost mod.
assassin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 16:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best towing vehicle I have driven is the Daihatsu Fourtrak followed by the 3.2 Shogun, and yes I have towed with all manner of vehicles and I don't rate the D2 that highly towing heavy loads.

To a large extent it depends on how you load your trailer and the types of road you drive on, but why would you want or need to tow a heavy load at speed particularly with the amount of idiots there are on the roads today? if you are caravanning its holiday time so why put all this extra stress on yourself, I say stick with the lorries at 56MPH and have a more relaxing journey among more professional drivers who take account of your vehicle, load, and stopping distances.
pistoltpete

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

assassin wrote:
Best towing vehicle I have driven is the Daihatsu Fourtrak followed by the 3.2 Shogun, and yes I have towed with all manner of vehicles and I don't rate the D2 that highly towing heavy loads.

To a large extent it depends on how you load your trailer and the types of road you drive on, but why would you want or need to tow a heavy load at speed particularly with the amount of idiots there are on the roads today? if you are caravanning its holiday time so why put all this extra stress on yourself, I say stick with the lorries at 56MPH and have a more relaxing journey among more professional drivers who take account of your vehicle, load, and stopping distances.

Indeed..
actually towing with the Paj i think is brilliant.. it was more of making sure there wasn't an issue with it, seems there isn't

I had only been in passenger before i had done my test when it was towing (by someone who really can't drive but was old enough and offered to help

now i have driven with it, i think its perfect..  really chuffed with it. so i am now doing things to tidy it up (like new centre consol air con working etc)

i have grown very attached to it in a very short space of time
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 18:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

pistoltpete wrote:

i have grown very attached to it in a very short space of time

Yep - that tends to happen  Very Happy
pistoltpete

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 18:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

people are amazed how little i paid for so much metal.. that is so clean

I hav eonly needed to do a few bits
it already had a full service and new tyres

i have got some new tie bars for it so i can get tracking done
new passenger wind defector
cetre arm rest
clean the throttle position sensor
fit stereo re wire speakers

nothing massive really...
just clean it and use it , of course fill it with diesel... fairly often
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Main technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: