Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

3.5 GDI engine stumble

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Petrol model specific Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khattak

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:34    Post subject: 3.5 GDI engine stumble Reply with quote

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help here, my engine kind of stumbles around the 2k rpm range when driving off from cold, almost like a misfire. does it in all 3 gears that i change within my streets. but sorts itself out by the time i hit the main road. roughly half a mile or 2 minutes. its fine after that, smooth as silk. Can it be fuel starvation / microfilters? i dont have any fault codes.

another (maybe related) matter is, once the engine is warm, it wont idle at 700rpms. drops down to 200 or 300, kicks up to 700 but then drops down again. sometimes the engine stalls as well. i cant hold the revs at one point when this happens. so if i press the accelerator a BIT to hold it at 1000, there is no response but then the engine surges to 1500. the moment i lift off, it drops down to very low rpms.

its quite annoying and any help will be appreciated!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:34    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

jimmybond

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to plug in again.
look at air mass meter and tps and e.c.t.

these do suffer injector wiring same as coil pack wiring but they all come up with codes.
Micro filters id remove for piece of mind for a test.
hutchy

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

like jimmy said it could be any sensor that could be playing up or fuel related...when were the fuel filters last changed there are 4 in total on the 97 gdi,s a sock on the fuel pump in the tank one on the chassis crossmemeber and 2 micro flters...it could even be a fuel pressure regulator unfortunatly there are 3 of them..one on the chassis crossmember on the end of the fuel filter and 2 in the v of the engine one of which is an electric one Wink
rodneyv

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:42    Post subject: will not rev past 3000 rpm Reply with quote

Hi guys. Frustrated. My2004 gdi pajero v-6 will not rev past 3000rpm. It starts fine. Is smooth reving most of the time under 3 k. No codes when scanned. Removed micro filters. Replaced sparkbplugs. Decoked intake plenum and throttlebody and egr. Knocked out the inside of the big catalytic coverter. It was very dirty as was the intake. Replaced the mass air flow meter. Cleaned filter on pump in tank. Inspected all wires visible to eye. I even tried the throttlebody with the sensors attached from another pajero whose owner was nice enough to let me do so and still nothing. Please help. Running out of options.
jimmybond

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mate you need to read the live data.
to me it sounds like low fuel pressure.
You need to get someone switched on to read the pressures or you just wasting your time at guessing.
rodneyv

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do. Soon as i get data. Will let you know what is found. Thanks.
jimmybond

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem is it will be hard to work out whats going on not seeing ypur screen.
but lets see what you got.
Can you not take photos of as many channels asyou can see.
put em on here so I can see.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Petrol model specific Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: