Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Is edc ok on veg oil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barneypeter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 17:51    Post subject: Is edc ok on veg oil Reply with quote

Has any one run a mkii 2.8 edc on veg .i have a 1996 edc and want to run on veg but have heard a few mixed reports.i would think most probs are to due with viscosity,I'm looking at twin tanking with heated filter and heat exchanger so any help running updates would be good.also layout too I have seen soon layout pics oil goes through heat exchanger and heated filter but aren't you going to end up with a filter full of cold oil initially on switchover,looking forward to you views peter
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 17:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

rich r

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - that's the way to do it. Viscosity is indeed the issue for the EDC pump, so either run a mix with diesel that's not too thick (eg 50/50 in summer, 20/80 in winter), or twin tank with a heater. I know of more than one 1996 2.8 with the EDC pump run perfectly well on 100% veg oil using a twin tank setup. Start on diesel then change over when the heater's properly up to temperature.
Jowter
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my LWB 2.8 there is an in-tank heater & the svo pipe from that to the svo filter is run with the rear cabin heater hose. Then from filter across to fphe then the leccy valve. It works fine, probably better on the purge setting because even when using diesel (after it has purged svo through the injectors) any return fuel goes back into the injection pump meaning it's much hotter - it does run smoother!
On my 2.5 the svo on switch-over is all hot (see my build thread) apart from a small run of 8mm pipe from fphe to the single filter. This will mix with diesel in the filter so no worries there, then super hot fuel is supplied.
Important to insulate all piping & the filter to keep in as much heat as possible. Electric solenoid valves do get very hot on their own so do not insulate them or it could be a possible source of a problem !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: