Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

WARNING - dont remove your steering wheel

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joella

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 18:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

my old 91 model, had a drivers airbag....for the record.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 18:11    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

ASM

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could just drive into the next wall, should tell you if it had an airbag!  Very Happy
tubbs

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was towing a punters car in for a non running fault on a rigid bar. Anyway to cut a long story short i pulled up to a junction and was just about to pull away when someone came round the corner really fast. I braked and heard what sounded like a shot going off. When i looked in the rear view my all i could see was white and my mate got out the car with hi glasses on the side of his face covered in white powder. There is a reason why srs is printed on your steering wheel, It looks the same backwards as forwards i found this out by looking at my mates head !
Got a memo from vauxhall the day after saying do not tow cavaliers on a rigid bar ! horse and gate and closing spring to mind!
Yeh be careful with airbags. Disconnect battery and leave for a good 10 mins and step on the brake to discharge any residual voltage.
Haematoma
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 19:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

tubbs wrote:
Disconnect battery and leave for a good 10 mins and step on the brake to discharge any residual voltage.

Good advice.
jay flattop

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 21:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

farmerbarlimo wrote:
I have a 1992, Series 2 I think, any idea if it has an airbag, I took the leathery bit off the front where the Razz  horn is under, and took the plastic bit off, didnt find an airbag, so I presume Im not blessed....
no mate i have a 1992 pj 2.5 td  and we  dont have air bags we the lucky ones  Razz
johndps

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the intervening  four and a half years since that post,
I'd hope he would have had that figured out.
Smile
monty777er

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 14:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

1999 MK2 3.5 GLS, been there done that.
Got through safety check by removing SRS bulb in dash.
Local Mitsu dealer reset SRS system on subsequent maintenance check for no extra charge.

Reason for reply is how I fixed my stuck horn. (and let you know your not alone)
I disassembled /derivited airbag mount and accessed horn I found two clear plastic plates with what appears to be a copper particulate between.
I first though this was under pressure to keep plates separated but resealing had no effect. I then separated plastic where its sealed on the edge and glued a string spacer around edge to ensure plastic plates had clearance. Both horn and SRS have been serviceable for 3 years since and I don't have an SRS impression on my forehead.

Whilst there was risk involved I had considered the SRS as a loaded gun when I worked on it and kept my important bits well clear.
Luhang

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 18:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really nice that you shared your experience. This can prevent  many other drivers ( myself included) from doing the same mistake. So thank you! Your post isn'tt vague in any way Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: