2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

W142 Audio Unit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris in Cyprus

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:26    Post subject: W142 Audio Unit Reply with quote

My first post and a new Pajero owner so please be gentle - I have searched through the posts but cannot find an answer to my (I am sure very easily resolved) query.

I very recently bought a 2003 manufactured 3.2 DiD GLS Pajero - it was first registered here in Cyprus from new in 2004. It is fitted with the W142 Audio unit combining Radio and CD player.

Despite reading the Owners Manual and applying the process detailed therein I am unable to change the display showing "CT" (which I believe is auto mode) to Manual mode to enable me to change the time on the screen. From what I have been told the owners manual appears to apply to 1997 models so may not be completely relevant, but then again it may be the correct version, I just have no way of knowing.

Either, there is a very simple process that is not immediately apparent to me and not as set out in the Owners Manual or the radio is "unwell" - it does play and after much faffing about I think I have worked out how to tune it in, but it required a lot of messing about as I have not found it to be the most intuitive system!

To follow on, is there a combined radio/cd/satnav system that would replace the existing unit that just slots into the existing space please?

Many thanks in advance for your gentle responses  Very Happy   Shocked    Confused

Chris
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:26    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Chris in Cyprus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - impressed by the response   Razz  

Anyway - problem sorted, it was a simple thing to sort but sadly not covered by the Manual in as much detail as was necessary but a little bit of lateral thinking did the trick.

chris
h4rri

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 15:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris in Cyprus wrote:
Wow - impressed by the response   Razz  

Anyway - problem sorted, it was a simple thing to sort but sadly not covered by the Manual in as much detail as was necessary but a little bit of lateral thinking did the trick.

chris

Care to share the resolution?
Chris in Cyprus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 15:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy    It is so blindingly obvious once you know its embarrassing..................but basically follow the manuals instructions i.e. turn off the power and then turn on again whilst holding down button marked 4, BUT keep the power button and "4" button pressed till the mode changes and the CT icon disappears - hey presto, manual mode..................unfortunately the owners manual doesn't mention about holding down the buttons till the mode changes.  HTH

Chris
h4rri

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 15:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris in Cyprus wrote:
Very Happy    It is so blindingly obvious once you know its embarrassing..................but basically follow the manuals instructions i.e. turn off the power and then turn on again whilst holding down button marked 4, BUT keep the power button and "4" button pressed till the mode changes and the CT icon disappears - hey presto, manual mode..................unfortunately the owners manual doesn't mention about holding down the buttons till the mode changes.  HTH

Chris

The manuals can be a bit poor sometimes and miss the obvious bits off  Laughing

Thanks for the 'closure' should help someone in the future as it's the only topic of its type on the forum Smile
radiomike

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 17:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris in Cyprus wrote:

Chris

Out of interest why did you need to set the clock manually, can you not pick up an RDS station in Cyprus?

You will not get a single DIN CD/tuner/satnav with a proper screen, the best idea is to relocate the heater controls to the cubby box at the top of the centre console and fit a double DIN unit.  You could use a single DIN unit with a fold out screen but then you would need a remote CD changer.
Chris in Cyprus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyprus has barely moved away from Steam Radio............we may get RDS next century!! Despite being part of the EU this is at best a third world Banana Republic more suited to the Arab world than Europe!!

chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: