Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Diesel emission test scandal.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Starting / running issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob546454

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 23:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently it only effects cars sold in America, there emmision regulations are different to ours.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 23:27    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

mick_n3
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 21:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob546454 wrote:
Apparently it only effects cars sold in America, there emmision regulations are different to ours.

Apparently not, according to a release from VW it effects 11 million cars worldwide sold from 2009 to date.

"Volkswagen has also stated that 11 million vehicles sold worldwide are affected in addition to the 480,000 vehicles with 2.0L TDI engines sold in the US.[60] According to Volkswagen, vehicles sold in other countries with the 1.6L and 2.0L 4-cylinder TDI engine known as Type EA189 are also affected. This software is also said to affect EA188 and the 2015 EA288 generation of the four-cylinder.[61]"

Wiki Link

Having checked again according to VW info my Leon has the EA189 so is one of those effected, keeping an eye on just how it's going to effect things here.
Rob546454

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well ether way I am waiting for the punishment, then i am buying shares in VW seen as they are dropping hard. They will go back up guaranteed sooner or later.
White Elephant

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 21:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

My truck just passed its mot, and when I put my foot down the cars behind switch on their fog lights  Very Happy  

Also my mechanic said what's all the fuss about vw doing a sneaky on emissions tests... Bmw been doing it for years he says they always fail standard tests but they have to follow special procedures that put them in cheaty German mode  Shocked
He gave me the technical spiel but it went over my head Laughing

I did remember him telling me that my emissions get done by pretty much the same standard as a 1960's Land Rover, so I would have nothing to worry about  Laughing
White Elephant

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 20:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_W wrote:
trekker wrote:
My comments were meant to be funny,    Laughing    the Mk1 doesn't have any electronic engine management.

Some of my 'gags' fall on deaf ears (blind eyes?) here too Dave. This one still makes me chuckle, but seemingly I am alone: Any Sports have an inclinometer?  Laughing .

Gentlemen, you are not alone. I laughed at the original post (I have 2 egr valves from previous Paj's. They live in a cereal box in the garage, where I consider they are doing more environmental as a paperweight than they ever did in the truck  Very Happy )

...and the inclinometer post had me in stitches. The pic is the icing on the cake but even the OP is funny, it sounds like he is describing wish list for a smartphone app to get him home when drunk (" I'd find it more useful to know when I'm going to fall over rather than to know which way I'm pointing" )  Laughing

I have an altimeter AND inclinometer in my dash pod and I live in Lincolnshire, so have no idea if either even works yet!  Very Happy

P.S apologies to anyone offended by 'cheaty German mode' I shall rephrase to cheaty vw/bmw mode. I was just upset as the value of my 1997 sharan just fell dramatically  Laughing
Simon_W

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 22:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

White Elephant wrote:

Gentlemen, you are not alone.
............. I was just upset as the value of my 1997 sharan just fell dramatically  Laughing

Well it's great to know that you share our sense of humour!  

No doubt you'll be joining the class action against VW to seek compensation for the drop in your 1997 Sharan's value  Laughing

PS It looks suspiciously like VW have hired Robert Kilroy-Silk as their new CEO. At the very least, they share the same hairdresser:

trekker

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote . "Well it's great to know that you share our sense of humour!"  

Thank goodness for an addition to the mad sense of humour club, welcome. " I was just upset as the value of my 1997 sharan just fell dramatically" Laughing  

Oh and I did laugh at your inclinometer joke Simon, I'm just trying to be more precise and serious these days.  Laughing
Laughing  Laughing
Simon_W

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

trekker wrote:
Oh and I did laugh at your inclinometer joke Simon, I'm just trying to be more precise and serious these days.  Laughing
Laughing  Laughing

Glad that it wasn't wasted Dave.  Smile I shall do my best to continue to be juvenile for a bit longer.  Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Starting / running issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: