eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

? has my 2002 Shogun the CanBus system

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Towing & technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EMA

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:51    Post subject: ? has my 2002 Shogun the CanBus system Reply with quote

Hi to all  fellow  members.

I  have  just  bought  a  2002  5 door  Shogun  3.2  DID  Elegance ( UK car).

It  has  been  fitted  with  a  genuine  Mitsubishi   tow bar , possibly from  new  by its  appearance  but  has  no  lighting  socket.

The holder  for  the  socket  is  present  so  I believe  it   probably  was wired up previously.

First question.  Is  there  a common  area  on these Shoguns for  the  12N  socket  wires  to  be connected  to  or  does  one just  wire  up behind rear  light  cluster  feed  wires.

My second  question  is, does my  02  model  have  the CanBus  wiring system  that  I  have  seen mentioned when trying to find answers to these questions online.  

I have  wired  up  12N sockets  in  the  past  but  with  the  Shogun  I wish to ask first, especially  re  the  CanBus  issue which  I know  nothing  about, old skool dabbler !
Thanks in advance for responses.
EMA
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

mick1969
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 20:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

mines wired behind the rear clusters like you said all the wires you will need are behind there as for the cambus system ill have to pass on that one im sure someone will know good luck and welcome to the club
EMA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 21:19    Post subject: ? has my 2002 Shogun have the Canbus wiring system. Reply with quote

Hello  Mick,  thanks  for  the  welcome  and  your  reply.

Can  I  ask  what  year  your  Shogun  is   as  I  am  tempted  to go  ahead  and  wire  up  from  the  rear  clusters  as  I  need   to  use  my car  transporter  early  next  week.

Cheers
EMA
mick1969
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 21:27    Post subject: Re: ? has my 2002 Shogun have the Canbus wiring syst Reply with quote

EMA wrote:
Hello  Mick,  thanks  for  the  welcome  and  your  reply.

Can  I  ask  what  year  your  Shogun  is   as  I  am  tempted  to go  ahead  and  wire  up  from  the  rear  clusters  as  I  need   to  use  my car  transporter  early  next  week.

Cheers
EMA
its a 2003 shogun 3.2 field but iv done quite alot of mods to it so it not really standard anymore
EMA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 22:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Mick if your is o3 and  mine is  02  I  should  have  no  problems with going the same  'old skool'  approach  as  you  have.

Something  for  me  to  do  tomorrow.

Pity  you  are not local  to  me  as I  owe  you  a  pint.

Cheers !
EMA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 15:11    Post subject: 12N Socket wiring on a 2002 Shogun Reply with quote

Well  Mick.

Have  been  out  and  had  a look.

May  be  useful  for  fellow  members  to  note  what  I  have  learned  so  far.

First  remove the rear seats and then  their  storage  well  cover.

I  fitted  the  new 12N  socket,  introduced  it's  cable  via  a  grommet  ( which I first removed and made a hole for the cable) which I removed from  a little  left  of  centre  of towbar off the  rear panel.
Push the cable through the hole into  the  seat  well and then sleeve the grommet  over  the cable and refit it to the hole as  was originally.
Then take the  cable  end and thread  it  under  the corner  towards the near side rear  door.
Ensure it  emerges  well  in  front  of  the  rear  seat  hinge  and  then  guide  it  up  to  the  loom  which  is  attached  to  inner  arch.
I  detached  it  from  it's  fixing  and  gave  it  a  light  pull  with  a  pair  of  pliers  from  either  end  to  gain  a  few  extra  inches  for  comfort  when  working  on  the  wiring  at  this  point.
It  is  at  this  point  further  caution  set  in, having  seen  all  those  thin  wires and  despite  my  intentions  of  following  your  wiring  method  Mick  I  refrained  from linking  up.
I  shall  in  the  end  get  a  'box' to link up  the wires especially  as  there  is  plenty  of  space  and  no  need  to  dismantle  anything, after  I  put  seat  well cover  back.
When i fit the 'box'  all will be  easily  assessable for future checking / servicing  if  required.

Hope  this  will help  someone  else.
EMA
vickery1971

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 18:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, i dont suppose any of you guys know what wires do what in the light cluster? (Or have a wiring diagram) as im about to try and fit towing electrics to a 2004 shogun.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ian
EMA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 19:06    Post subject: 12n SOCKET Reply with quote

Hi  Ian,  I have just  wired my 02 Shogun's 12N  socket.

Being very concerned about canbus wiring after much questioning and research on the topic I  finished up, on advice, to simply link up the lights from the clusters in the rear bumper.
This is a straight forward job, assisted by removing  the  lower guard immediately above the tow bar.
This allows you to detach  the wiring loom from it fixing points on the body which  allows one to  lower it to an assessable point where you can  link in the wires from the socket.

Should you wish to fit a dedicated  wiring  module you will find it more convenient to  link into the wires  under the plastic flap next to the passenger side hinge of the rear pair of seats.
There is also  a  loom available, again with space for the module to under  the passenger rear seat behind the driver.
This is accessed  via lifting the rectangular metal plate  which is secured with four 10ml studs.

Others my come in on this to qualify if  both these  areas  I have  mentioned have wiring related to rear lights.
Personally, I followed the loom from rear cluster to the rear seat hinge. This would have been my choice to use if fitting the module, there is room here to conceal the module.
N.B.   Always  ensure you establish a good earth point for the white wire coming from the socket.
Hope this helps.
EMA
EMA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 19:15    Post subject: 12n SOCKET Reply with quote

Ian I forgot to ad, re the identification of the wires  on the Shogun  I always double check by switching on the individual circuit I wish to link into and use one of those small hand testers which have a dart like point which one uses to penetrate the protective covering. When the little crocodile clip on the other in is attached to a good  earth you will be able to confirm this is indeed the correct wire you wish to use.
All new 12N sockets come with description of their colour codes.
EMA
tubbs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can bus is generally 2006 on. Kinda cross over year. Pre that they where all k line.
EMA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:14    Post subject: ? has my 2002 Shogun have the Canbus wiring system. Reply with quote

Thanks for that tubbs.  A good definitive answer.
EMA
D2MOO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 22:59    Post subject: Re: ? has my 2002 Shogun have the Canbus wiring syst Reply with quote

EMA wrote:
Thanks for that tubbs.  A good definitive answer.
EMA

Which is what we all wanted to know,many thanks Tubbs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Towing & technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: