Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Reverse Distance Bleeper

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Electrical issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dogbreath

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 21:14    Post subject: Reverse Distance Bleeper Reply with quote

I've got a rear bumper off a Saab 95 estate with reverse sensors on, firstly I'm not anygood with electrics but could they be fit to my shogun as the wife is bothered about how long the truck is when she uses it.! Wiring is with them. Is it a case of running wires and connecting up ? Anyone done this?
Cheers
Lee
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 21:14    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

ianbasher
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 23:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

not tried that but I fitted a small screen of ebay about £13 and a cam about £16 and wire extension about £3 works a treat wired the cam in to the reversing light so when you hit revers it switches the cam on hence making the screen live.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181170533714?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Backup-Camera-for-Mitsubishi-Pajero-Auto-Rear-View-Reverse-Cam-Waterproof-/181878953878?hash=item2a58d49796
View user's profile Send personal message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ianbasher
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 23:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is a vid of it I took a while back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kEECZINOnY
View user's profile Send personal message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dogbreath

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great Ian, looks really clear aswell, will have a look at them mate
Cheers
Lee
tom fenton
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sensors on their own are useless, needs s control
Box to go with them.

My truck came with an aftermarket system fitted but not working. I replaced it with another similar system £30 eBay.
Works a treat as after I fitted it I tested it by backing slowly towards a wall. When it reads 0 metres my tow ball is about 20cm off the object behind. Gives great confidence when parking in tight spots that you are not going to back into another car etc.
Dogbreath

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 13:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh..! Never thought of that tom..! I've give her the choice and she has picked the reverse cam.
Might still fit a beeper for her tho....
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 14:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a reversing camera connected to my stereo and I never use it because it is too low down on a MkII and it feels unnatural to look down there when reversing.

I am thinking of fitting a bleepy one so that I can listen while using the door mirrors.
skool

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 17:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use mine tbh as regularly have to get it in a space with a small car behind so cannot usually see the other car

ianbasher
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 22:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

get one of them small screens the one i linked up there it fits just above your rear view mirror just right  Very Happy
h4rri

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 13:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at Steelmate parking sensors, full instructions included, easy to fit and reliable. £25 - £30 for a set too Smile
binge

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather than making a new topic, I thought I'd ask in here.

I've got a Pioneer head unit. It was fitted into my Transit, and now in the Pajero.
Fitted a reverse cam in the rear door, head unit is in etc, but I am looking for the closest signal wire to the stereo as possible, for the reverse light.
My Transit had a wire under the dash board which lived up when I hit reverse, I found it with a power probe by chance.

Are there any wires nearby in the Pajero? Or am I going to be forced to run something all the way from the bloody rear light cluster to the head unit?
If so, I had I known, I'd have run it with the camera wiring when I fitted it. Doh!  Laughing

Ta,

Ben
skool

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 19:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

binge wrote:
Rather than making a new topic, I thought I'd ask in here.

I've got a Pioneer head unit. It was fitted into my Transit, and now in the Pajero.
Fitted a reverse cam in the rear door, head unit is in etc, but I am looking for the closest signal wire to the stereo as possible, for the reverse light.
My Transit had a wire under the dash board which lived up when I hit reverse, I found it with a power probe by chance.

Are there any wires nearby in the Pajero? Or am I going to be forced to run something all the way from the bloody rear light cluster to the head unit?
If so, I had I known, I'd have run it with the camera wiring when I fitted it. Doh!  Laughing

Ta,

Ben

Hiya - i ran the wires from a taillight while i was running the rest tbh ,, there usually is a point to pick up at the reverse switch but i couldnt be bothered to take centre console apart etc and was running rca etc anyway from the camera ,, sorry i cant be more help but someone else might know
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

My reverse camera had an extra wire in the video cable LIKE THIS - so I could just run a feed from the reverse lights.
binge

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 16:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is what I ended up doing.
My truck had no rear fog light (no idea how it had been MOT'd since 2001 when it was imported).
So I had to run wires to the rear lower brake lights for the conversion anyway.
Ran a 3-core wire right through the car. Now I have signal wire for reverse camera, live for rear fog lights, and a remote live for an amp if I ever decide to sub it.
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 17:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

binge wrote:
an amp if I ever decide to sub it.

I used the space that had the toolbox in the back door.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Electrical issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: