eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

mk4 first lane trip

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Mk4 / Gen4 2006 on models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titan

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 20:45    Post subject: mk4 first lane trip Reply with quote

tomorrow ill be venturing out off the tarmac with a few of my buggy mates, but as that is now gone i'll be following in the shogun.

I have only ever taken one of these out in the desert and it didn't belong to me so in a word i really didn't care much if it broke.

will be interesting to see how it does, they are light lanes not much mud this time of year and fairly easy going.

I'll update tomorrow with my findings and some pictures.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 20:45    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

titan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 18:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

well she went out, got round with no major problems well maybe one..

looking pretty in brown

but this look came at a cost

so now a paint job maybe on the cards lol well plasti dip i think.

also although the new wheels fit in the arches i think a small 40mm lift is needed just to give that warm fuzzy feel.
skool

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 19:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks great with the mud on and looks like you had a blast - those scratches wouldnt be my cup of tea but sounds like you used to have a buggy and went out with your old mates in buggies ?  lol guessing ramming a shogun thru spaces a buggy went thru isnt so simple Smile

im sure most would clean up - maybe invest in a dual action buffer and start seeing which products work best on your truck and then ,, yes maybe plasticoat it if you plan on going back out with the buggy posse Smile

we shall have to get some forum meets on the go so we can all meet up and do some challenging but non damaging terrain - i know a few good places and will be doing them once the weather gets a bit wetter

ps youre a braver man then me btw for what your truck is worth id be buffing it already Smile
titan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 20:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha yes i recently sold my buggy because we hoping to buy a house.

It was a poor call on my part, but that said the buggies are as wide as the shogun the lane is not normally that bad but just hasn't seen much use this year i suppose, been a while since we been down there.

I brought the shogun with the intent to take it laning at least, and i have yet to own a 4x4 without scratches lol so its fine.

I'm probably going to upset people by saying no im not going to be polishing it up, at most it will get a jet wash and a quick going over with t-cut, if they come out, great if not well so be it. it will be going in for a pasti dip at some point but as i'll be out again in a few weeks its bound to happen again, maybe not on that lane but i feel once the lift is on it will be making a little trip to strata which will no doubt add more or worse lol.
skool

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 21:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol why would anyone get mad - its your truck Smile

i heard good things about strata so might  go there as well
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Mk4 / Gen4 2006 on models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: