Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Center pod

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broady67

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 20:04    Post subject: Center pod Reply with quote

Hi all.
can you fit a pod with compass to a LWB Shogun that has only got the inside outside temp gauge and if so what is needed please.
Andy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 20:04    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the top of your dash just a smooth surface - or is there some sort of cover over an existing hole?

Mine has the pod - the top cover is held on with two screws under plastic covers and the instruments are held in place with four screws that go into a metal plate.

If you haven't got the existing hole then you would have to cut one in the top of the dashboard - the metal plate is approximately 2cm lower down than the top surface of the dashboard

This post shows some photos of how the pod is fitted - HERE

The wiring connector may be there under the top of the dash - but if not then you will have to wire it up.
broady67

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 13:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

peteinchad wrote:
Is the top of your dash just a smooth surface - or is there some sort of cover over an existing hole?

Mine has the pod - the top cover is held on with two screws under plastic covers and the instruments are held in place with four screws that go into a metal plate.

If you haven't got the existing hole then you would have to cut one in the top of the dashboard - the metal plate is approximately 2cm lower down than the top surface of the dashboard

This post shows some photos of how the pod is fitted - HERE

The wiring connector may be there under the top of the dash - but if not then you will have to wire it up.

Hi Pete,
I didn't explain myself properly. What meant was I have the three instruments but last one on the right is an inside out temp gauge. Could I fit the pod with the compass gauge without  any major issue's?
Andy
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 14:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pods on the MkIIs are all the same I think - so there shouldn't be any problem putting a compass in there.

The compass unit looks like this:

The only problem is that The wiring may need altering - some compasses have a separate sensor on the dash in front of the pod. The one in the photo has the sensor built into it (I think) because there was no sensor on the dash it came out of.

I got rid of all those silly gauges and put some useful ones in

mick_n3
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 15:29    Post subject: Re: Center pod Reply with quote

broady67 wrote:
Hi all.
can you fit a pod with compass to a LWB Shogun that has only got the inside outside temp gauge and if so what is needed please.
Andy

Yes you can just done it on mine, as Pete says some have got a sensor built in, so it's just a case of taking the pod out removing the temp gauge and fitting the compass, if you get the one with the built in sensor you don't have any additional wiring to do it's a straight swap.Unless you get the complete pod you will have to modify the glass as it has the word compass written on it I just carefully rubbed it of mine and the front facia has a hole in it for the reset button

This one on the Ebay there is a complete pod for £30 this is the same as the one I fitted  Link Here So should be a straight swap 5 minutes tops
broady67

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 17:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. My temp gauge has just gone last. La la so was thinking about a change.
broady67

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 14:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to source one of about 4 or 5 compasses and got one that works from a member on Facebook free gratis. Changed it came with no bulbs but i got some LED replacements and now is all good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: