Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

My RED SWB 2.8 stolen 11-8-2015

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Stolen Vehicle Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taraswolf

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 19:09    Post subject: My RED SWB 2.8 stolen 11-8-2015 Reply with quote

As above my 2.8 SWB in RED the 1 thats in my sig pic, next door said they heard car doors slam and it drive off at 2am this morning i noticed it missing when i looked out of the bathroom window and no car in front of the garage Sad ign switch and various bits of wiring thrown on the floor Sad sick as a chip in the years iv had this its ran perfect every single day, just fitted new discs all round new exhaust and a set of cooper tyres as well a few months back for its mot.....been checking fleebay for the wheels with the coopers on but nothing, plod reckons it will be used for off roading  Rolling Eyes  mmmmmm
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 19:09    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 19:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that - there seems to be quite a few thefts of these trucks lately.

Hopefully you will get it back with not much damage.
skool

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 19:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear this ,, did it have the cobra alarm fitted ? just wondering how easy the cobras are to get round and if i need to upgrade the alarm on mine
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

skool wrote:
if i need to upgrade the alarm on mine

The problem with standard fitment alarms is that the thieves get to know how they work and how to disable them.

I have an aftermarket alarm and immobiliser and I hope that the fact it is not standard will fool any thief.

I also have a hidden switch that cuts the power to the stop solenoid on the fuel pump - and a tracker that texts me if the alarm is activated.
Taraswolf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

It had an after market alarm/immobilizer on it not sure what make it was as it was fitted years ago, they obviously know what they are doing looking at the bits of wire laid all over the floor and it only took the 5mins from alarm going off to driving away.
Best Pajero i have had this 1 aswell, not 1 single issue fault on it everything worked and drove mint it wouldnt of been so bad if it was a nacker with loads needing doing to it but only needed fuel  Sad
According to the Police it will proberly be used by the off roaders and because all the land they go on is private there is no reason for the Police to go on there so once the plates are removed thats it bye bye. Tossers...
skool

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taraswolf wrote:
It had an after market alarm/immobilizer on it not sure what make it was as it was fitted years ago, they obviously know what they are doing looking at the bits of wire laid all over the floor and it only took the 5mins from alarm going off to driving away.
Best Pajero i have had this 1 aswell, not 1 single issue fault on it everything worked and drove mint it wouldnt of been so bad if it was a nacker with loads needing doing to it but only needed fuel  Sad
According to the Police it will proberly be used by the off roaders and because all the land they go on is private there is no reason for the Police to go on there so once the plates are removed thats it bye bye. Tossers...

feel for you mate i really do ,, its not just the money even if you get a decent payout its finding another troublefree truck that you like and can trust as much - i hooe they recover yours quickly or at least you get paid well from insurance and find an even better one

atb - Nick
Taraswolf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final update:
My Red 2.8 has been recovered it was exactly where the Police said it would be and it was recovered 2 days after it was stolen TOTALLY BURNT OUT...so sick  Evil or Very Mad  
If the Police know where all the 4x4s go when stolen why o why dont they send Police there ??? absolutely unreal the Police are.
I recieved a letter from cleveland Police 5 days after it was stolen saying they had checked all relevant avenues of inquiry and drawn a blank so had closed the case !!!! 5 days after it was stolen case closed are they having a total laugh ! this is the state of the Police force in the uk now and car crime is JUST a MINOR crime.....sickening.
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's bad news - but would you have wanted it back after the scroats had finished with it?

I watched one of those motorway cops programmes - they had four cars chasing a bloke with no licence and no insurance. He went to court and got a £100 fine and banned from driving for a year ...... but he didn't have a licence anyway!

Car crime seems low on the list - maybe because the insurance companies just pay up.
Simon_W

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the police told you where it most likely be before it was burnt out? And they didn't do anything? File a complaint.

We all pay taxes in order to provide a functional police force and they've let you down badly by the sound of it.

https://www.ipcc.gov.uk/complaints
skool

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_W wrote:
So the police told you where it most likely be before it was burnt out? And they didn't do anything? File a complaint.

We all pay taxes in order to provide a functional police force and they've let you down badly by the sound of it.

https://www.ipcc.gov.uk/complaints

if im reading correctly its worse then that ,,,, vehicle was recovered two days after theft

police notified op 5 days after theft case was closed as no trace of vehicle

so unless the op has only just managed to calm down enough to post this the police didnt tally up vin from burnt out truck to stolen vehicles or did they notify op after 5 days that truck was found but case being closed due to no leads etc ?

i hate the way police are target driven thesedays and the old fashioned values our people fought for in two recent world wars are just being nullified in order to make the books look like things are improving to satisfy each incoming government when in reality we all know things arent improving at all its just the way crimes are recorded and dealt with or in many cases not classed as crimes - im sure police are pressured to make better figures in order to recieve their budgets and we as citizens pay the price

really sorry to ead this taraswolf - good luck with the replacement at least
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Stolen Vehicle Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: