Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

3.5 v6 for towing around 1850kg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Towing & technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pistoltpete

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 13:26    Post subject: 3.5 v6 for towing around 1850kg Reply with quote

Hi all

looking at a 3.5 v6 mk3 shogun auto for towing my race car once a month and daily use the rest of the time
I was looking at a mk2 2.8 td to replace my current one. but this has come up in budget with low miles

what are they like to tow with? cope with hills okay?
i see they have got more power and torque than my current 2.8

any help is great
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 13:26    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Coopster

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 13:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy it, You will be happy with the way it drives and tows.

2 of my uncles have them that's how i ended up with mine. i have a 2002 3.5 v6 (i don't know what mk it is sorry)
Technically i haven't used mine to tow but i have borrowed theirs.

There braked towing capacity is 3300 and i know it will tow a lot more i seen what my family move  Laughing

i tow a 17ft car trailer with my car on and tools tyres fuel etc and the pick up and over all drive is spot on it isn't slow getting up to speed (they are all auto boxes)

I have used mine to drag a car with no axles on down a road so you can imagine the drag it had and lets just say my truck couldn't tell it was on the back. The 4 wheel drive for towing is superb buy it she wont let you down.
Mr 101

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 22:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just used my 3.5 V6 dohc swb to tow a trailer with a 2.8 swb on it over 200 miles, no problem with hills etc sat on M1 at 60mph on cruise control with no problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Towing & technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: