eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Front To Rear Air con Pipes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Air Con / Heater issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dandyfireman

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:02    Post subject: Front To Rear Air con Pipes. Reply with quote

Hello, new to Pajero ownership and the forum. I have a 1995 LWB 2.8 td. I went to have the air con re-gassed, they pressure tested it and I subsequently find that I am missing one of the front to rear air con pipes! I'm told that it is the bottom one. Is there anyone that can replace this or tell me where I can buy one, and how much, or at least tell me the 'proper' name for it! I'm in the North Somerset/Bristol area. Thanks a lot.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:02    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

emax
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 18:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello  Laughing

As far as I know you can only get them from  Mitsi and they are a fortune. I have been through this problem and the solution is to find someone who can make and replace  the pipes, however You will probably find it difficult find anyone to do the job. your best bet is to blank  the two pipes that go to the rear. seems even if you get them replaced they just rot through again fairly quickly. Although I am told by he  who knows, that you can replace with flexible rather than the  ally. I chose to blank the rear and i have found just the front perfectly adequate.

If you can't get anyone to repair or blank them locally. The two pipes are joined with a removable connection on the chassis rail,, sort of behind the front wheel. they are just bolt on with a push fit type fitting with an O ring for a seal you can remove and cut them leaving  enough to fit  blanking fittings,  You can then send them to someone who can blank them properly and then  refit them yourself.

If i remember correctly You only need 650 -675 g for the refill if you delete the rear air con.

see you you with cold feet  Laughing
emax
Dandyfireman

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for the advice. I'll see if I can get some made, failing that I'll cap them.
emax
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with it

If you go for replacement I would opt for flexible pipe if you get a choice. I had the ally ones replaced and they only lasted about eighteen months before leaking again. I think the problem lies in the tight bend over the chassis, the bending must weaken the metal. Mine leaked there both times.
bigalan

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long shot I guess but does anybody know of anyone who can replace / repair air con pipes within a reasonable distance of Oxford? I have the usual break in the pipe over the rear axle and could do with it fixed and don't mind paying cash and driving.

Thanks
Alan
emax
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on what you consider a reasonable distance Laughing .

The chap that did mine is about 120 miles from you. But he does know what he is doing. Knowing  what i know now . I would have saved myself a  lot of time, trouble and expense, had I driven 120 miles and got it sorted first time.  

Intocool

Post code CM0 8TE
tel 01621 786519
bigalan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 16:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="emax"]Depends on what you consider a reasonable distance Laughing .

The chap that did mine is about 120 miles from you. But he does know what he is doing. Knowing  what i know now . I would have saved myself a  lot of time, trouble and expense, had I driven 120 miles and got it sorted first time.  

Intocool

Post code CM0 8TE
tel 01621 786519[/quote]

Is this a company or a guy who does it? Got a name and I might just call him.

Thanks
Alan
emax
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 17:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Alan

His name is Chris

He has a workshop. His business is called into cool

The address is
Unit 1 Sand Island Centre.
Burnhan business Park
Springfield Road
Burnham-on -Crouch
CM0 8TE

He is a very helpful and knowledgeable. and gives, If I remember correctly a 3 month guarantee on his work. I spent a fortune at Twit Fix and with other buffoons who don't know what they are doing, before finding him.
good luck with it
bigalan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 18:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, will call him later in the week.
Alan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Air Con / Heater issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: