Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

04 Sport Not starting just turning over

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eeen

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:29    Post subject: 04 Sport Not starting just turning over Reply with quote

Hi All,

so I've had my Shogun Sport 2.5tdi 04 for about a year and a bit now and really enjoying it until today where the back decided on a corner that it wanted to be at the front and handily a metal bollard helped me stop! thankfully nobody was hurt only my pride and car Sad the damage is a passenger door, glass and sill has a bollard dent and the running step is pushed further under... all a bit pants.. so if anyones got a black door and window to sell I'm very interested... but thats just the first bit of the day...

on the way back from the body shop i approached some traffic lights the engine management light came on...  I stopped at the lights and then on the green had no power to go i thought i had stalled but nope it was still running just no go or any movement from the dash either. so i turned her off jumped out and checked the breather hoses (just replaced one a few months back) jumped in and showed the key to a non starter on the 3rd attempt to start with a bit of gas it burst in to life like i had my foot planted to the floor however very quickly switched off and the plume of black smoke behind. I have now towed it home and googled issues for awhile and not come up with anything good so far. does it have a hidden knock sensor? could it of activated in the mornings shunt? and run the 20ish miles on no fuel?

any help mutchly appreciated as Im going to drag it to the garage on Friday for its MOT!! arghhhhh...

Thanks
Ian
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:29    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Eeen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any ideas anyone??? I found a small silver box in the passanger footwell with a multi pin connector attached and an empty socket the only numbers on the box are D1203473... Any ideas??? I'm back attacking it on Saturday..
4x4traveller

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked underneath?  any leaks? maybe the step being pushed under has broken a fuel pipe.
Eeen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fairly sure I haven't noticed any leaks but good call, I'll be under it on Saturday and see what I can see.
MDD
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 19:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eeen, Are you saying it just started to rev & would have ran itself to destruction if you had'nt switched it off, If so these motors have fly by wire fuel injection meaning the accelerator pedal operates a rheostat which controls your fuel injection, Check your pedal is operating that rheostat correctlly. I had a 54 plate shogun sport Which just revved straight through till I switched it off & the problem turned out to be the crank pulley bolt had come loose allowing timing belt to jump a tooth which knocked the timing to fuel injector out. Keep us informed how you get on, Regards Mike.
Eeen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike, that might explain why it now fires and then turns over for a second and then stops again, might of been just a coincidence that the ding earlier... bad timing... on both parts.... ill see if I can get into it later this week busy day at work today. ill let you all know how it progresses.

and after checking yesterday, OBD2 reader on its way to me Monday, and defiantly some timing/electrical issue.

Thanks
Ian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: