QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Is it possible ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Vehicle modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexyung

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 19:04    Post subject: Is it possible ?? Reply with quote

I have been doing some research online and found out that the current l200 uses a 4D56 engine, is it possible to buy one of those and then transfer it to an MK2 2.5td 1992 pajero ?? what are the necessary procedures to do so if possible ? i would really wanna restore my PAJ to be in tip top condition !! Very Happy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 19:04    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

trekker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

The newest version of the 4D56 will likely be stacked with electronic engine management wired through the harnesses. The '92 engine will have much less of this, so a straight engine swop won't work.

But nothing is impossible.
Podge

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 20:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take the l200 back to a bare block and head. You would be using your own mechanical pump, injectors and other ancillary's.
KEVINBUK

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 21:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you craft a Mk2 body onto an L200 chassis complete with recent engine? Big project ...

K  Wink
alexyung

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 18:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have SWB mk 2
jonny ramrod

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 22:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevin's idea sounds interesting  Very Happy
Javier

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 22:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi I believe that a short block should be the same. I done something similar with mi wife car3 4 years ago. she has a Peugeot 306, from 1994 and I put the engine from citroen isara Picasso both engine were  TU block. just one was TU1 and the other was TU5. it wasn ,t easy but, but not to difficult, apart from recut some tread from same fitting change few censors, I use the flywheel from the old engine. injection from old engine, and electric from all engine,  I not got present very much this engines, but I believe the must be possible and much easier but everything from the donor vehicle like one in a big accident, in this way you could use all the other staff that may you need, like ecu, provably pressure pump for the tank, and more. in my case was better than redone the engine, cheaper and better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Vehicle modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: