Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

fueling or timing issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Starting / running issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gavjohn1979

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 21:31    Post subject: fueling or timing issue Reply with quote

Hello im new to this site can somebody help me please i have a 2.5 pajero exceed a few months ago the seals on my diesel pump started leaking dropping diesel every where while it was running so as money was tight i bought a second hand pump off a truck that was supposedly running sweet but turns out some thing isnt quite rite as my truck is now smoking excessivly and is quite flat power wise and last week the bottom pulley almost fell off so i bought a new belt pulley and outer pulley and woodruff key crank bolt and washer put her back together and now shes running like a pig any suggestions as to what it could be ????? TIA Gavin  :cry:
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 21:31    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Andy1966

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gav
If you have had the injector pump out and changed it for another and now you having problems
I would say the pump timing is out we had this problem granted ours is 2.8
Is your truck really hard to start and when it does start its smoking really badly and doesn't have any power is the smoke its throwing out like a white/grey
gavjohn1979

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello thanks for the quick reply yes she has grey/white smoke on idle when idle she also seems to have a missfire as i can hear a small backfire from the exhaust and when i drive her and try to give her a bit of welly to climb hills shes flat as hell power wise and shes belching tones of black smoke out shes like a james bond car with her smoke screen :-(
Andy1966

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
The Grey smoke sounds to be unburnt fuel I would say your injector pump timing is out
First thing to check is all the timing marks are lined up correctly is camshaft crank shaft and the injector pump
If they are all lined up correctly if they are the next thing you can do is look on the back of the pump I'm pretty sure on the 2.5 there is two nuts on the mounting plate
If you undo the two nuts you can advance or retard the pump timing by turning the pump clockwise or anti clock wise
gavjohn1979

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks for the help i will let u know how i get on many thanks gavin :-D
Andy1966

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Keep us posted on your progress and if you manage to get it sorted
I'm pretty sure your problem is down to your injector pump timing
gavjohn1979

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 0:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello i have had an hour or two spare tonight so i have had a go at the diesel pump timing and obviously the truck was still warm from driving it to my unit i have adjusted it and i have no miss fire at all any more and she starts first turn while shes still warm i will see tomorrow morning if its done the trick all together many thanks gavin :-D
Andy1966

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gavin
Hopefully that's sorted it out has it stopped chug in smoke out too
gavjohn1979

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 14:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

She still puffs on initial start up then clears to almost nothing and whilst under load ie driving she is almost smoke free just the usual boost smoke and she is back to her former power house self so im one happy pajero owner again next mission now is the over drive isnt working any ideas on how to test if its electrical fault or a mecanical fault ??? Many thanks gavin
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 16:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

gavjohn1979 wrote:
next mission now is the over drive isnt working any ideas on how to test if its electrical fault or a mecanical fault ??? Many thanks gavin

Is your speedo working?
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 16:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignore that ... just noticed yours is a 2.5
Andy1966

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had problems with the overdrive on ours but ours is 2.8 I don't if the overdrive set up is the same
But what I did was the wire for the overdrive is a blue and white wire with a single spade connector on it. Located near the injector pump
If its the same get a length of wire with a male spade on one end and a ring connector on the other put the male spade into the connector on the blue andwhite wire and put the ring connector to earth ththat's what I did with ours and we have overdrive but like I said I don't know if the 2.5 is the same set up
gavjohn1979

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 16:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello thanks for the info i shall have a look for said wires fingers crossed :-D many thanks gavin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Starting / running issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: