eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Junior side panels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pinin & Jnr technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pajunior

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:07    Post subject: Junior side panels Reply with quote

Hi all

Anybody got advice on how best to remove the exterior plastic body panels on a Junior, also how likely do you think there are still new seals available for when I want to re-attach them.
I know I'm mad spending the money but I'm getting a full body re-spray and underbody seal, give the old girl another 20 years of life.

thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:07    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Simon_W

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you're mad at all wanting to make your Junior last another twenty years.  I'm aiming to do the same for my Challenger.

If you don't have a workshop manual, and often even if you do, the parts diagrams are really useful for showing how things fit together.

Here's a link to a diagram for one of the Junior variants by way of example. It shows that the door moulding is held on by clips:  http://mitsubishi.epcdata.ru/pajero_junior/h57a/mnme/exterior/side-garnish-moulding/

By clicking on the appropriate item number, you'll also be able to get the part numbers for the clips in case you break any. Often these clips will be shared across a range of vehicle types, so should be available.

You may find it's easier to remove the door card and push the clips out from the inside.  The moulding may be brittle and you want to avoid damaging the lugs.

Good luck!
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can still buy them new for the big Pajero - they are called "fender pads"

Have a read HERE - they will be in the catalogue link Simon gave you.
Pajunior

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found a good source for exploded diagrams, maybe helpful to others www dot megazip dot net. I cant post links yet  Crying or Very sad
JayBee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the useful link http://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya-avtomobilej/mitsubishi/pajero-montero-jr-9346/h57a-20031

I have the Russian service manual for the junior, which is useful for exploded diagrams too. You can run the text through Google translate but the disagrams are enough. I replaced a front seat belt earlier this week and the manual helped me to find all the screws on an interior side panel I needed to remove.

If Model Ts are still running then there is nothing to stop a junior other than regulations. It would cost me a lot more to buy another car than it would to do a few repairs on the junior every year.

Pajunior wrote:
Found a good source for exploded diagrams, maybe helpful to others www dot megazip dot net. I cant post links yet  Crying or Very sad
Pajunior

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on fire today, although everybody probably knows this crowd already. partsouq dot com. Prices seem decent and delivery looks very good, although I'm only pricing light small bits and pieces like seals.
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 13:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

peteinchad wrote:
You can still buy them new for the big Pajero - they are called "fender pads"

OOPS! - they are called "overfender pads"  Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pinin & Jnr technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: