Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Air con repair around Oxford

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Air Con / Heater issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigalan

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:22    Post subject: Air con repair around Oxford Reply with quote

As usual my air con pipe above the rear axle is broken and I am told that it can simply be blocked off or even repaired with a new bit, dealer prices for this pipe are house prices if you can get one so does anybody know of anywhere within a reasonable distance of Oxford who could repair it?

Thanks.
Cash waiting as they say.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:22    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

vmaxsnoopy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 20:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello mate, I repair these pipes regularly, but I'm based in Lincolnshire - a tad far from you! Normally its the high side pipe that fails,usually behind one of the steel clips that secures it to the chassis. I cut out the affected section and replace it with 8mm copper hp tubing which will outlast the vehicle. If I can help in any way, let me know.
bigalan

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 22:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I could be persuaded to drive up if the price is right? 😀

How much would you charge to do the job and recharge the system?

Thanks
Alan
vmaxsnoopy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 21:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I start off by pressurising the system with oxygen free nitrogen to 20 Bar to locate any/all leaks. I then make up and fit pipes as req. At the same time I replace any O rings/seals found leaking. Then its back in with the oxygen free nitrogen. If all is well, I take the system down into vacuum for as long as req to remove old oil,moisture, contaminants. Then its regassed with fresh R134a - 1.025Kg for a twin system LWB. I add Pag 46 oil and dye at the same time. Then I run up and test the system and temperature test before a final leak test with UV lamp and gas sniffer machine. If its just the usual pipe, and a few O rings, the total cost would be £125.00 and the job time around 4 hours to complete. (it needs at least 2 hours vacuum) Hope this is helpful, cheers, Rich.
bigalan

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 9:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I am away until the 17th so will contact you when I am back and we can sort something out, your a couple of hours away so I can leave early and be there at a reasonable time.

Right next door to the air con pipe if the rear heater pipe as well, this broke so I joined them up with a bit of rubber hose, if you can sort that as well then great.

Alan
vmaxsnoopy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries Alan, can sort your heater hose out too. Have sent you a PM, cheers, Rich.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Air Con / Heater issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: