Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

The dreaded flashing lights againj

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> L200 technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bogtrotter

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 19:41    Post subject: The dreaded flashing lights againj Reply with quote

Hi guys looking for some help with my  02 L200  have had a bit of experience with the flashing lights on my pajero, but this is a bit different its a manual with part time 4 wheel drive not super select.

Works OK in four wheel drive 4w light on solid
Some times in 2 wheel drive the light goes out as it should at other times it continues to flash

Now here is the problem when the light is flashing the vehicle drives fine, but when the light goes out in 2wheel drive as it should it drives OK going forward
but trying to reverse results in a horrible grinding noise from somewhere in the front drive train

This only happens when in 2 wheel drive with the 4 w drive light out as it should be, the vehicle drives fine in 4wd and a!so in 2wd if the light is flashing
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 19:41    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Simon_W

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 21:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds to me as if the front wheel drive actuator isn't doing its job, for whatever reason.

You're not driving it in 4WD on a hard surface are you?  Your description of the noise when you go into reverse makes me think that the transmission is 'wound up'.  

If you're familiar with the flashing lights problem then you'll probably know this link: http://4wd.blogeasy.com/article.view.run?articleID=318776
bogtrotter

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 13:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks familiar with the flashing lights had some trouble with them on my pajero.
Never driven on hard surfaces in the l200, strange thing is drives OK in 2wd with the !ight flashing , its only when the light goes out in 2wd which is the position it should be in 2wd that I get the noise when reversing , the vehicle drives perfect in both 2wd and 4wd but only with the light flashing in 2wd
Sometimes the light goes out, sometimes it flashes, now flashing means that Its not disengaging properly or it doesnt think its disengaged

The usual things like reversing for a distance will put the light out but immediately it does the noise starts In reverse again.Vehicle has been like this since I acquired it.
Simon_W

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 15:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying, and failing, to get my head around the link between the light not flashing and a noise when reversing.  

I think you've got to go back to first principles and check the actuator movement and sensor on the front axle. Something may have got bashed/damaged/badly fitted/wrongly wired.
bogtrotter

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 23:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Simon, I don't get it either it would have been easier to understand if the noise  was when the lights were flashing ,not fully disengagement  but that's not the case, just hoped that someone on here could throw some !ight on it.
In any case thanks once again for your input.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> L200 technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: