2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Junior typical running temp & aircon question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pinin & Jnr technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lebowski

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 2:46    Post subject: Junior typical running temp & aircon question Reply with quote

Hi all.

I have a 1996 Pajero Junior here in New Zealand.  The car is a great off roader and gets me to some great secluded surfing beaches.

I have a question about the typical running temperature of the engine.  When driving fully laden (ie. 3 or 4 adults in the car) on the highway, often when I am going up looong hills the water temperature climbs, sometimes almost to '3/4' position on the gauge.  I never allow the car too close to the 'hot' bit on the gauge, but nevertheless it still makes me uncomfortable.

Is this typical for this car when laden?  The cooling system is full although the viscous fan has been replaced with an electric one which has been wired to run constantly with the ignition.  The ambient temperature here is around 20-25 degrees celcius at the moment.

During 'normal' driving (unladen) the temperature doesn't exceed halfway on the gauge.

My other question relates to the air con.  This works great for about 30 minutes or so into a journey.  After that, it no longer puts out cold air.  Any ideas what the problem could be?  The aircon fan doesn't seem to run when the car is idling (with the aircon on), but presumably once underway the fan would be unnecessary anyway?  Perhaps a slipping clutch on the pulley?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 2:46    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Lebowski

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 0:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to update this, the aircon fan does actually work when it's connected directly to the battery, so there seems to be a problem with the power supply to it.
Caoimhin

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 14:10    Post subject: Aircon fan Reply with quote

Hi
If your aircon fan is not running then the aircon will trip out on its high pressure safety switch, this is an auto reset once the pressure drops ok.
Need to fix the condenser fan ok
Regards
Caoimhin
Caoimhin

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 14:12    Post subject: Aircon fan running off battery Reply with quote

Try checking if you have a blown fuse
Smarty

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 14:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 1.8 Mpi pinins temperature sits at the halfway mark regardless whether the aircon is on or off, never goes above halfway. The only difference is when the aircon is on the revs rise a little which is normal.
Smarty

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 14:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Smarty"]My 1.8 Mpi pinins temperature sits at the halfway mark regardless whether the aircon is on or off, never goes above halfway. The only difference is when the aircon is on the revs rise a little which is normal. Mine has 2 electric fans the one for the aircon spins constantly when the aircon is in use, the other for the rad is intermittent.
Smarty

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 14:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 1.8 Mpi pinins temperature sits at the halfway mark regardless whether the aircon is on or off, never goes above halfway. The only difference is when the aircon is on the revs rise a little which is normal. Mine has 2 electric fans the one for the aircon spins constantly when the aircon is in use, the other for the rad is intermittent.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pinin & Jnr technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: