Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Bleeding Brake Fluid

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scotcruz

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 13:48    Post subject: Bleeding Brake Fluid Reply with quote

Hi folks, going to bleed the brakes after I finish work and wanted to understand if it can be done without taking the wheels off?

replaced the calipers yesterday and the pedal is a bit spongy. Had to leave it yesterday as it started raining.

please advise
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 13:48    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

You definitely can on a MkII - not need even to jack the wheels off the ground - hopefully your MkIII will be similar.
scotcruz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks mate managed to bleed the rear ones without taking the wheels off and took front ones off for the ease.

sad to report the pedal is still spongy.. and experienced it since I have changed the front two calipers.

Looks that the air in the system which I have bled and followed instructions on Mitsi manual by filling the lines (Ignition Key OFF), then HBB then bleeding the lines with (Ignition Key ON) page 35A - 122 to 127 but still no luck. I can follow all steps except for Step 6 where it goes on about supply fluid to ABS pump for which you need MUTII or III.

so basically I think I'm goosed.. the calipers and the new discs look great shame I now have another headache to deal with.

Please can someone advise any other tricks or do I need to go down the dealers route.

Thanks in advance
GCMS2012

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 21:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

I borrowed my dads 'one man operation' bleed kit (the one with the one way valve on the end of the pipe), when I replaced my front pads and discs. (Clamped flexi brake pipe, opened valve and pushed piston in).

Always had the ignition off, unless I ran out of 'pressure'.

When I did, all I did was start the truck for a minute or two so the HBB would recharge, switch off and carry on until there was no air in system. But also kept an eye on reservoir level too.

Sounds like there maybe air 'further up' in the system, and you need to do a 'bigger' bleed....
scotcruz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 21:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mate.. just going through the process of elimination and could only think of the MUT 3 which the mitsi manual refers to. When I did the bleeding 2nd time I couldn't see any air and was confident it was good but sadly it didn't help.

Also I've noticed that I can't get any fluid out with ignition off. To get the fluid out I had to get my mate to press an hold the pedal. Then ignition on then opened the bleed valve

Am I doing something wrong here?
scotcruz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 19:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noticed now that the hissing noise (from the pump) that usually came on when I put the ignition at ON is no longer coming. The pump itself works fine as I can hear go on every now and then while driving..
assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you have the ignition on, or the engine running? you need to do this to open the valves in the system to bleed them correctly.
skool

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do these trucks have a load bias valve with a 5th nipple that needs bleeding like the mk2 ?
scotcruz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 21:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now bled it with the ignition ON and once with ignition OFF. It seems to have picked up ok now but not 100%.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: