QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

6g72 v6 rich and misfiring when warm

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Petrol model specific Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ging-gur

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 14:02    Post subject: 6g72 v6 rich and misfiring when warm Reply with quote

Hello. Sorry if this is already in the system. I have the 95 swb, was going ok and has recently started misfiring and being really rich. I replaced the oxygen sensor, no change. Tried with and without air filter, no difference.  Confused It's had plugs in approx a year ago, along with leads. Will try and get the codes read in a couple of weeks once back from holiday. It seems to play up once warm. Just so I have a pointer please anyone? It's just another job to sort whilst I source an adjustable rear o/s rear shocker! Ho hum. Thank you in advance.  Confused
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 14:02    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Ging-gur

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would I be correct that a certain code would point to a specific plug/lead?? It only ever drops to 5 cylinders when trying to accelerate. I will go loopy if the guy has screwed me over! I'll be straight round. If it was these, which leads and plugs would be advised please? I am just making sure if I have to get them you see. I'll fit myself as well, I'll know they're correct then.  Confused
andyshirley
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 21:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be engine temperature sensor,  I've just had to change mine.
Ging-gur

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 16:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi andyshirley, I've had the truck scanned for codes, none have been registered. I called Mitsubishi today to ask about temp sensors, who said there were 3 on it at the top, which I've located. The guy suggested the only issues he had with the 6g72 engine was when rust powder became evident in the petrol tank. I pointed out that the truck will run fine from cold start, 5/25,50 miles no problem at all, which kind of eradicates the plugs/leads I would of thought? The issue arises once I switch engine off, then re start after anything from 30 seconds to 30 minutes. This is when I get the single misfiring when trying to pull away. Was this your issue? Did yours register a code on diagnostics? I'm totally baffled with the bloody thing at the moment. Which temp sensor/cost did you replace? Many thanks..
andyshirley
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 17:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine was occasionally refusing to start after switching off with a hot engine.  It did log a code. Sometimes missed initially when it did restart.
       Mines a 1992,  no obd2,  you read the codes yourself with a multimeter. Is yours obd2?
I had a spare sensor already. They are cheap on eBay though. You can check them by putting them in water and heating it and checking the resistance at various temperatures.
        If the sensor is playing up the vehicle will over or under fuel.
It's the sensor front left as you look into the engine bay.
    All info in the Haynes manual.
hutchy

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 17:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

that will be the engine control coolant temp switch that tells the ecu how hot the engine is so it can adjust fuel air mixture my gdi did it a year or so ago:wink:
Ging-gur

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Did it pull an error code for diagnostic? There are 3 on my v6, the middle one looking from front, was the temp gauge. Not sure about the other 2. Naturally one is going to ECU. All 3 sensors look identical, which is something I guess lol.
andyshirley
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 23:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

URL=http://s273.photobucket.com/user/andyshirley/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160708_233335_zpszy0wemj4.jpg.html][IMG]http://i273.ph
andyshirley
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 23:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj215/andyshirley/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160708_233335_zpszy0wemj4
andyshirley
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 23:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj215/andyshirley/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160708_233335_zpszy0wemj4.                      Third time lucky Smile
andyshirley
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 23:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj215/andyshirley/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160708_233335_zpszy0wemj4.jpg
andyshirley
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 0:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, no edit button. All but last need deleting.
Ging-gur

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 20:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers thanks. Is the GDI the 6g72 block?
hutchy

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 21:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gdi engines are 6g74...
Ging-gur

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 21:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does have the OBD connector. No codes were stored. It's a 95 6g72. It doesn't make sense as it won't misfire on the one cylinder until the engine is stopped, then started again. If it was a fuel tank corrosion issue, she would do it anytime surely? It revs to max revs even when the misfire is there between 1500 and 3000 rams. So to me she wouldn't Rev if fuel orientated. Sorry I keep going on, but it's really getting to me. The reason I think it's electrical orientated is simply because of the switch off, restart, then it's a pig until it's cold again. It goes like stink when not misfiring, so it can't be a compression issue. I've tried holding it at max revs, doesn't clear the issue at lower end revs. Sounds nice obviously as it's got the stainless exhaust lol, but, oh, bloody thing. A code would have been perfect, but nope, make it hard for me, bloody thing lol. No engine management light illuminates either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Petrol model specific Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: