2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Insurance quotes @ June 2016

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / Montero insurers / insurance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 15:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just done an online quote with Direct Line - £175 fully comprehensive but I will need to phone them to see how modifications affect the premium.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 15:57    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

skool

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 18:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

peteinchad wrote:
I've just done an online quote with Direct Line - £175 fully comprehensive but I will need to phone them to see how modifications affect the premium.

That's quite  a saving for you ,!

PEte try Aviva to see what they quote as they  are far the cheapest  for me so far
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 18:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try them - mine's not due till October though.

No doubt the price will go up with the modifications I have - Direct Line even class nonstandard wheels as a mod, so a bullbar, winch, AT tyres, stainless exhaust, towbar etc will all cost extra.
skool

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 15:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so to close this thread up -

Went back to Flux with my quotes from cheaper insurers and Flux kindly reassessed the premium with a view to price matching the other quotes and they came in at £291.66 so about £5 under Avivas quote - RENEWED
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 15:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

skool wrote:

Went back to Flux with my quotes from cheaper insurers and Flux kindly reassessed the premium with a view to price matching the other quotes and they came in at £291.66 so about £5 under Avivas quote - RENEWED

So why couldn't they have quoted you that much in the first place?
skool

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 20:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

peteinchad wrote:
skool wrote:

So why couldn't they have quoted you that much in the first place?

Idk mate , like I say originally they quoted about £60 more then last year

When I got quotes from elsewhere so much cheaper I went back to them and said I don't need key are and recovery etc and basically made it a no frills policy and reduced the expected mileage as it was 6k a year but when I checked last mot against current miles I've only done 800 miles in it in a year so I said drop mileage as well ( you can always adjust with them if you start using it more ) and the guy went off and said he had asked for a more lenient quote to be competitive and lo and behold it came in the best part of £400 cheaper
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / Montero insurers / insurance All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: