Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Ecu issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Main technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
landsbergadler

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 17:52    Post subject: Ecu issues Reply with quote

Hello, I am new to the forum. I bought a shogun Sport at the beginning of the year. It is a 2000 3.0 litre Petrol automatic. A few weeks ago, it wouldn't start. It is now in the garage. The engine Ecu was sent off for repair but came back as it could not be reconditioned. The mechanic has told me to see if I can track down a second hand one but it needs to have the right number on it and also needs to come with key barrel etc. Seems to be like a needle in a haystack. Just wondered if there is anyone who has had a similar problem. I can find other cars exactly the same engine etc but the numbers don't match. Many thanks and looking forward to some more posts
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 17:52    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

The procrastinator

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where was the ECU sent for the repair?
landsbergadler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure but the mechanic has a brochure of theirs , and he has dealt with them before. I can find out on Monday. Think it was somewhere in the south east.
The procrastinator

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 23:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

landsbergadler wrote:
Not sure but the mechanic has a brochure of theirs , and he has dealt with them before. I can find out on Monday. Think it was somewhere in the south east.

I'd be interested to know who it was and what exactly was wrong with the ECU that they couldn't repair it. Assuming its not flood damaged or burnt?

Any 'half decent' ECU repairer could buffer out the immobiliser, but I'm not sure what your insurance company would say about that?

Are you sure the ECU is actually faulty?
landsbergadler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will get that information on Monday. I know there was crackling coming from the area where the Ecu is situated, when I tried to start it last. The AA man said the fuel pump was working but no fuel present where it should be to start the engine. It hasn't seen flood water or fire. It seems if I have to replace it, I will have to trust it to Mitsubishi or wait for a very specific part and all that comes with it. I can only find 2 on the net, one in Germany and one in Finland. The number is MD 369104 just in case anyone has got one in their shed . Very Happy
landsbergadler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 21:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to say thanks to the procrastinator. Getting very interesting. I went to the garage today and they let me have the Ecu. They told me that the Ecu was sent off but came back because it could not be opened due to severe damage. I was on the verge of scrapping the car today. I gave the Ecu to a long term mate of mine who is an auto electric expert. He opened it like a kid with an Easter Egg and examined it to find nothing visibly wrong. Guess where I am going tomorrow. Just wanted to say thanks for not accepting what I was told and will keep you informed.
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the ECU doctor - some people on here have recommended them. HERE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Main technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: