eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Volvo V40 1.8GDi Mitsu engine problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Other vehicles technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Outdoor_Jo

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:33    Post subject: Volvo V40 1.8GDi Mitsu engine problems Reply with quote

Hi guys I'm back wave

Sorry, I used to be a member here many moons ago when I was rich enough to run a Pajero, sadly the old girl died from a terminal lack of funds and then when things picked up again I tried the L400 Delica so joined the Deli OC, as you do and again life went to hell so couldn't afford to keep it repaired and ended up with a cheap old V40 as a 'see us through the bad times' motor so imagine my surprise when I discovered that she has a Mitsubishi 1.8 GDi engine Shocked

So, stop waffling and get on with it I hear you cry, with no further ado, here's the story so far. ...

The trouble started with a flat spot at around 2000 revs and a complete loss of power at 4000. we put the magic test machine on it and it came up with a code that translated to "fuel rail pressure sensor circuit" . we fixed that in the end by replacing the high pressure fuel pump and the fuel filter which sorted the flat spot and the power loss but straight away a new error code came up which equated to " Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve error " Sadly I have no idea what that even means but I have been advised to replace the egr valve, so as usual, I have one on order that should be here in a couple of days however, volvo people are telling me that the problem sounds too severe to be just the egr valve, replace the evap sensor so, here's my problem and the reason I'm here. ...

We thought we had solved the whole thing when we managed to clear the evap code error, then yesterday on the way home from SDH the damned thing started to react like a badly behaved bucking bronco. With more luck than skill we managed to limp home without causing an accident and when parked found that the idle is now totally out of control and will swing wildly from 500 to 3000 rpm at will and without pattern. The dangerous thing being that 'load' seems to make no difference and she will accelerate away without warning or come to an almost complete stop irregardless of what you happen to be doing with the throttle. Limp mode is not engaging this time.

No one on the Volvo forums seems to know a lot about this engine and I'm told that this model (V40 1.8GDi) was a very short run and therefore relatively rare when it comes to finding 'volvo people' who know how to fix them. I'm also told that its an engine used in the Pinin? ... Anyway, I have no idea what any of these parts look like for this engine (google is no help at all) or where even to find them on the engine to remove / replace so I wondered, off chance, if anyone had any pictures / descriptions of said parts and where they live? ...For a car that was supposed to be a reliable stand in hospital runner while we waited for the next Delica, this has turned into a bit of a nightmare that we can't afford to replace :-/ so any advice would be extremely welcome  salute
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:33    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does sound like it has got the 1.8 Pinin engine in it.

There are only a few people on here with Pinins - and they are not on very often.

It may be worth trying the Pajerio forum as the Pinin was sold in other countries as the Pajero IO - HERE

Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Other vehicles technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: