QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Difficulty Changing Gear with Engine Running.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chalky41537

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:06    Post subject: Difficulty Changing Gear with Engine Running. Reply with quote

Help!  
     I have a 2002 Manual Shogun Sport 2.5TD Animal with 150 000 mls.

Yesterday I was driving in heavy traffic, (Changing between 1st 2nd & 3rd a lot) when I suddenly could not select any gears with the engine running. I had to switch the engine off and select 1st, then turn the engine on to get moving again... I could hear and feel that the car was in gear when I started the engine again .. even though I had the clutch on the floor at full travel the drive was still "kind of" engaged..    I was able then to change up through the gears using the clutch as normal.. but there was lots of heavy vibration, thudding\clunking noises during gear changes..  

It sounds like something is rattling itself to death when I bring the clutch up and there is lots and lots of clunking and shuddering as the car moves off.. Once in gear she is fine and will drive along no problems.. Changing Up appears easier than changing down whilst moving...

Can anyone advise whats likely to be the cause or shed any light on this issue?  I also had to drive on for a bit after the problems started, what else might have been damaged now???

Thanks In Advance

Chalky!!!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:06    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

MDD
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 20:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chalky, I would say your clutch is not operating, This could be for a lot of reasons, Start by checking the Slave cylinder is operating the clutch actuator, After this the clutch release bearing could have gone down & I suspect that may be your problem judging by the way you describe the noisy attempted gearchanges, I would suggest you post on the main technical section to get more people to look & probably better advice, If my motor did the same I think I would be popping into MR. Clutch for advice & a price, Good luck, Mike.
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 20:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Driving is ok as can drive without clutch,pita but start it in 1st,change up at very slow speed/revs and will change fine ,changing down though is not as smooth.Sounds like release bearing maybe with noise described.
chalky41537

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 17:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turned out a spring had jumped out the clutch and was rattling around in there causing havoc..
Minirob

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 18:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah good, a resolution after nearly 3 years Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: