eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

How noisy are the 2.8 AC compressors?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Air Con / Heater issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4M40131

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 17:29    Post subject: How noisy are the 2.8 AC compressors? Reply with quote

Friends,

While out on a highway drive, I had the AC set at "ECONO" and the thermostat turned all the way to the blue zone denoting max cooling. I was cruising at a constant 100kmph and as in Econo mode the compressor keeps cutting in and out probably to be more efficient. During cutting in and out I could make a clear recognition of the additional noise when the compressor was kicked "in". It was easily noticeable. Is this normal compressor functioning noise. Or is it an indication of being low on compressor oil or refrigerant. I intend to get it checked but wanted to ask here as well.

Now, the Paj is new to me so I am unsure what is normal and what isnt. So looking forward to your opinions on this.

Cheers.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 17:29    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't hear my compressor - only the electric a/c fan.

Check if it is your fan making a noise by removing the connector

4M40131

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 14:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pete

The fan is functioning normally and no noise at all. I made a small vid of the AC running to see if anyone could point out any strange noise but all seems to be well.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/la44cb0xXM4[/youtube]

On a related note, when the compressor clutch kicks in it is quite a noticeable mechanical thunk and it is noticeable even more so on idle as the car judders slightly to the right as if it has overcome a significant mechanical barrier while engaging the compressor clutch. This seems a bit odd to me as compressor clutch engagement is usually smooth unless the clutch is knackered.

What are your views?

Cheers.
4M40131

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 14:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

There seems to be some issue in embdedding a Youtube link but if you copy the address between the [Youtube] tags and paste it in your browser it works as it should.

Cheers.
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 16:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

4M40131 wrote:
compressor clutch engagement is usually smooth unless the clutch is knackered.

I wonder if your compressor is getting hard to turn - mine definitely doesn't make a noise.
kenthepipe
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 16:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this it ?, if so I can't hear any abnormal sound's ?...., although your nothing near the compressor ?

https://youtu.be/la44cb0xXM4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Air Con / Heater issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: