Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Think my heater flaps are stuck

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Air Con / Heater issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arcascomp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:50    Post subject: Think my heater flaps are stuck Reply with quote

So, seems a fairly frequent issue, no heat in the front, loads from the back heater. My challanger has the digital aircon controls and as I turn up the temp, it blows the fan more in a desparate attempt to heat the interior, but all I am getting now is cold air. Having played about with the controls while watching the flap/servo at the bottom of the heater unit behind the ashtray area, I see zero attempt being made to move. I tried to move this flap by hand, to at least have it stuck on warm air for the winter, but I couldn't budge it.

I can see the servo and just feel the rod it is presumably meant to move looking up from the passanger footwell towards the middle of the dash. Does anyone know which way this rod and stuff is meant to move? I don't want to break anything by forcing it.

I realise that I will also need to blow water through the matrix etc. to ensure there is no blockage, but I'm pretty sure this flap isn't moving at all.

Cheers.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:50    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

arcascomp

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got heat now! 😀

Did a bit of digging while upside down in the passenger footwell and managed to pop off the metal arm. To answer my original question, the arm moves forwards and back. Seems the motor that operates the flap is seized, and this seems to have been a common problem in older Mitsubishi cars. When I've got the time I'll try and remove and dissect the motor to see if the internal gears have jammed up.
KEVINBUK

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 13:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you see the mitsi number on the unit? Something like MBxxxxxxx. I have a couple of these motors and if the numbers match, you could have them for the cost of postage. Would be quicker and safer than dismantling your old ones. Mine are off a '94 Pajero but theres a good chance they will be the same.

K  Wink
arcascomp

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 16:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a bit tricky to see but comparing what I can make out along with what the autosouq parts site thinks, I'm fairly sure its MR240721, if it's a match that would be awesome, thanks!  thumbleft
KEVINBUK

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, I have checked the motors I have and the numbers are different.

Denso 063700-3023 and 063700-3201

these are described as heater flap motors so may be the equivalent?

anyway, they are what they are so if you think they are the same after you research the numbers a bit more then you are welcome to them for the cost of postage (estimated £4.50?)

let me know

K  Wink
arcascomp

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 15:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, pulled the dash apart again today and managed to extract the offending motor. Pulled it apart and all cogs looked ok, reconnected it to the wiring and it started working!   Very Happy  clipped it all back and have fully automatic air again. Happy days!
vijay

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 17:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

well done mate, hopefully just a dodgy connection
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Air Con / Heater issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: