Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

insurance gone mad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / Montero insurers / insurance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taraswolf

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 14:31    Post subject: insurance gone mad Reply with quote

I have not had a claim since i started driving in (cough) '75 lots of years lol, Had my SWB stole this time last year  Evil or Very Mad just seen another nice Pajero started phoning round £2000 !!!!!!!! last year i was paying £185 fully com the insurance have apparantly now taken 6years of my no claims so after 40years without a single claim till last year i have been reduced to now having 3years no claims TOTAL RIP OFF by these insurance companies, AND ontop of that they are now saying Oh its expensive because all parts for these imported cars have to come from  Japan and very expensive REALLY in 15 years owning Pajero's i have not or know anyone hwho has had to buy Pajero parts from Japan again another underhand way of ripping the car owner off to pay for the huge dividends these insurance companies pay there investers, Rant over  Embarassed annoyed doesnt come close to how im feeling atm.. Evil or Very Mad
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 14:31    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 14:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who are you insured with?

Adrian Flux put my premium up this year so I phoned them and they had added things like KeyCover etc which I never asked for. They removed all the extras and I was paying £15 per month less than last year.

It seems like if you make a claim then they pay it but then recoup the cost back from you by increasing the premium the next year -very unfair.
BBQ man

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 23:34    Post subject: Lancaster car insurance Reply with quote

I've just had a great deal my first quote was £9,000 I went ballistic so kept on looking been on the hunt for about a week second quotes I got was £5,800 I kept on trying.
So I tried Lancaster car insurance yesterday night and I was blown out of my house I got a quote from them for £350 fully comp
Taraswolf

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 0:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

after a lot of compare the market ect i got it for £320 from Endsleigh Insurance still a third more than the last few year but at least im back to 2 4x4s its getting a bit icey for me supermoto on a morning now  Rolling Eyes
hutchy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

my policy with flux has gone £106 on last year to £375 and that is with no changes to the policy or any claims on it,no extra,s added....did some online quotes and got it down to £310,which is better than flux but why the hell does it keep going up if you have not made any sort of claim,sick of insurance in this country going after the decent people in stead of targetting the toe-rags  Exclamation
Steve_C

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 13:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like mine is expensive compared with what some of you are paying.

Mine is my second car, but the insurer (Esure) mirrors my no-claims from my other policy (I have max NCD).  With a limited mileage of 6000 miles per year in the Shogun Sport, they charged me £437.60, supposedly including a multi-car discount and there is a compulsory excess of £250 on the policy.  I'm paying £288 with no excess on my Mazda 6 which is a 2.2L 185BHP Diesel Sport, for up to 10000 miles per year, so the Shogun Sport looks very expensive.  I'll have to do a bit more shopping around next year.
scoots

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 13:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

mines due next month so I will let u know how I go on
drew m

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 14:13    Post subject: Insurance Reply with quote

Hi
I've got reasonable priced insurance from hastings direct.
hutchy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 15:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

well adrian flux is a complete joke,spoke to them today  about my renewal as i had a quote through ladybird which were £65 cheaper which gives me a courtesy car,third party on other cars,cheaper glass excess key theft cover stereo cover personal accident injury and death for a total of £310.19..flux first came in at £375 they managed to get it down to £306,but no courtesy car higher excess on glass cover and that,s pretty much it,think i would rather pay the extra £4 and get a bit more for my money.......still annoyed at how much it jumped up from last year when i have no changes at all.......flux tried saying a lot of it was down to a non fault claim yeah right that was back 2013..3 years ago and my policy was not affected so why suddenly up it......the law should do away with this non fault accident following you around for 5 year,if someone causes and accident that is not your fault and the insurance has not lost any money why should it have to follow you...just another scam to milk people with.... Exclamation
skool

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 15:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=164029&highlight=insurance
chiselwizard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renewed my BMW 320 Msport for £200 (Saga, 10 years NCB and I live in the middle of nowhere.
While I was at it, thought I'd check it out for my 96 Pajero import. Admittedly I paid about £200 last year but I'd just bought it and didn't have the time to dick around. This time went on gocompare and quotes were £250 and well upwards. I've always gone fully comp but changed the search to TP - sod all difference. Changed my annual mileage to 2000 - about right, I only use it in the snow - sod all difference.
I'm assuming that the 'import' tag , cost of parts, blah, blah, trips their systems, but why, if I only want TP?
NickA
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 17:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve_C wrote:

Mine is my second car, but the insurer (Esure) mirrors my no-claims from my other policy (I have max NCD).  With a limited mileage of 6000 miles per year in the Shogun Sport, they charged me £437.60, supposedly including a multi-car discount and there is a compulsory excess of £250 on the policy.  I'm paying £288 with no excess on my Mazda 6 which is a 2.2L 185BHP Diesel Sport, for up to 10000 miles per year, so the Shogun Sport looks very expensive.  I'll have to do a bit more shopping around next year.

I used to be with Esure back in 2007 when I had my peugeot 306, it got writted off when someone run into the back of me (I was stationary in a queue of traffic) and I lost my full protected no claims and they refused to insure me the following year when my insurance came up for renewal.
NickA
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 17:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve_C wrote:

I used to be with Esure back in 2007 when I had my peugeot 306, it got writted off when someone run into the back of me (I was stationary in a queue of traffic) and I lost my full protected no claims and they refused to insure me the following year when my insurance came up for renewal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / Montero insurers / insurance All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: