Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

EGR bkank good or bad ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> EGR Valve Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Staffy1

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 13:58    Post subject: EGR bkank good or bad ??? Reply with quote

There seems to be mixed views on EGR blanks on here . I am just about to collect a 3.2 Shogun, I intend to either clean the EGR when i get it or fit a blank . Do you get any Engine light come on when its gone ie showing  a fault etc?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 13:58    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Staffy1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 0:56    Post subject: EGR blank good or bad ??? Reply with quote

Well took the plunge and took my 3.2 to a local garage , they removed air intake manifold , cleaned it along with EGR and fitted a blank to EGR. I was advised loads of rubbish came out the manifold when cleaned . Will have a good drive tomorrow and see If i can notice the difference. next up Timing chain tensioners and then gearbox and axle oil change
Staffy1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 16:44    Post subject: EGR blank ?? good so far ! Reply with quote

EGR/manifold cleaned and EGR blank fitted
Well I can report engine needs less revs to get it going and seems to tick over more nicely
I had just used a half tank of fuel for 170 miles prior to work . So when I fill up again ill see if its improved.
Garage said air intake was rammed solid with gunk and *beep*

No issues with engine management lights
Staffy1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 20:39    Post subject: Bit beteer too Reply with quote

Reckon I am getting 15-20 miles extra MPG with out EGR  from half tank so maybe 30-40 miles extra per fill up
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like you said earlier - some people say blanking is good and others say it is better to leave it on.

Mine's a much older model than yours but I have left mine on and clean it every year, along with the intake manifold.

I did take it off for a while and I noticed no difference so I put it back on to keep the engine as standard as possible.
Staffy1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:00    Post subject: I think EGR blank is better Reply with quote

I just think if air intake isn't gunked up with rubbish engine must work a bit better??. I am no expert but I have been told turbo dosnt have to work as hard  with EGR blanked.
Defo a small increase in MPG with EGR blanked
NJV6

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

3.2's are well known for gunking the inlet manifold so blanking it and cleaning the manifold is the single best thing you can do to one.
Staffy1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:04    Post subject: mmmmm Reply with quote

Interesting the first half of my tank of fuel has more capacity than the second , getting around 320 miles per tank but definitely a few more MPG with out EGR
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> EGR Valve Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: