2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

my junior off road pics

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pinin & Jnr technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
makrin

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 18:29    Post subject: Re: body lift and tyres Reply with quote

kingbrian wrote:
your jnr looks great... that good i have shot out and bought one!! but can you please tell me what lift and where i can buy the kit, also what are the tire size i can go too on that height of lift. You have created a monster!! how about a snorkel or a winch????

There a bit of info in this post King...
http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=916899#916899
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 18:29    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

IrishCJ6

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 14:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniorbarnes wrote:
[/quote

Hi juniorbarnes loved the pictures, I have an unmodified ZR2 manual, how would my little 4x4 fair in that terrain? Really interested in modding my junior like yours, would really like them chucky tyres, how much would it cost to mod to your spec, did you do the work yourself, do you know anyone who can do those mods for me?

thanks for the kind words, i had a few outings with my junior before i started to mod it, it was surprisingly capable and even with just all terrain tyres it didnt get stuck anywhere on the greenlanes around devils punchbowl, they have such a good power to weight ratio and the low range box makes most things seem easy, as standard they have the same ground clearance as a rangerover classic!

the mods to lift it were all carried out by myself and the parts were either sourced from other vehicle availability or custom fabricated from scratch, i dont know any proffesional companies who offer a lift kit for the junior but there are many custom engineers who im sure would take on the job.
if i was in the trade to do it for a customer exactly the same way i did mine then i would estimate a price of about 900-1200 plus the tyres and this is how much im putting on to the value of mine as i am selling it to fund the next one!!!

ive just started my second junior project which is having solid axle swap on the front and a bmw 16valve engine, it will be lifted around 7 inches and im planning on using 33'' tyres, should be quite a laugh!

cheers
Pete[/quote]

Pete,

I'm looking at doing a similar mod to my 96 Jnr (engine swap and solid axles), I'm a fabricator/mechanic by trade so I'll be doing the work myself however I would like to pick your brains on your experience with these mods and maybe some of the parts you used. I was planning on using Hilux axles (4.88 ratio) but have not looked at the engine yet. What BMW engine did you use and did it mate directly to the box or did you make an adaptor plate, or did you use the BMW engine and box and adapt the transfer? Any help would be much appreciated.

Andrew
r3ubs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't sure whether to resurrect this thread or start a new one, but I have just bought a Junior (picking it up at the weekend). I don't fancy messing about too much with the suspension (the front sounds complicated!)

Do you think I would be able to fit 235/75/15 tyres just with just some arch trimming (and maybe some wheel spacers)

Thanks!
helijohn
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 22:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

r3ubs wrote:
Wasn't sure whether to resurrect this thread or start a new one, but I have just bought a Junior (picking it up at the weekend). I don't fancy messing about too much with the suspension (the front sounds complicated!)

Do you think I would be able to fit 235/75/15 tyres just with just some arch trimming (and maybe some wheel spacers)

Thanks!

A new thread might be a good idea  as I can run in parallel with my Junior that I've had for 6 weeks and we could compare notes.  I don't off-road apart from a field I cross so I don't need lifts etc.  I have 16" wheels on mine with 225 70 boots.

I have just put a carpet in the rear as I have removed the rear seats.

One of my early jobs was to cut down the wind deflectors to a more reasonable size.
Go on, start a thread. Wink
r3ubs

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to start a thread... to update with my project. But it won't let me post all my urls for my photos because I don't have enough posts... how many do I need before I am allowed to post them!?
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 20:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

About 10 posts and approximately a week as a member.
r3ubs

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 20:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh okay thanks Smile
Caoimhin

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
What tyres and size do you have fitted to your junior?
Regards
Caoimhin
helijohn
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 17:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caoimhin wrote:
Hi
What tyres and size do you have fitted to your junior?
Regards
Caoimhin

Ooops, didn't know there was a post on this thread. You can go very very large on the Junior without lift which surprised me at first.  Mine are a modest 225 70 16 or at least were until I reverted to the original wheels. With the 16s fitted there was a lot of spare room. If I keep to the 15s I'll go 215 80 15. My biggest problem was the speedo. I am not keen on modifying my Junior for off road as I don't do that.  As long as I can mount kerbs, cross fields and such it's enough.
Franky75

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good day juniorbarnes.

I recently bought a pajero junior. I have taken it on a greenlane but found that the lack of difflocks was a problem for me as the first time my back wheel lifted I was stuck. is it possible to fit difflocks to a junior?
hilslamer

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:27    Post subject: Pictures of brackets/spacers/steering shaft extension? Reply with quote

juniorbarnes wrote:

Absolutely, the rear is the easiest part, using a combo of custom longer springs and pro comp es3000 shock absorbers, the panhard rod has been relocated to keep the axle in line, and finally custom bumpstops.
up at the front things are a bit more involved, the subframe was dropped on 50mm dia nylon66 spacers, the front mcphearson struts have been customised to add 60mm to the overall length, the front tie rods have also been dropped using welded box section spacers, the lower steering column was extended and the gearbox crossmember was dropped again by using welded box section spacers, all this lot then bolts together with a large quantity of extended metric fine pitch bolts which was probably the most expensive purchase of the whole project!

I know this is an older thread...but hopefully you are still watching/subscribed.

Can you share pictures of all of your spacers and mods?  Particularly interested in how you extended the steering column.  Even if you don't have any in-construction pics, just a few of things installed in place would suffice.  Anything helps.

Happy to fab everything up for mine myself, but any examples would be helpful.
helijohn
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 22:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhino wrote:

Since putting on the chunky tyres I have a slight shake on the steering wheel at high speed is this normal/ all wheels were balanced when put on do you think laser alignment will help?

Next thing on my agenda giving my junior an new interior plan to reholster the seats and carpets black me thinks and a nice double din multimedia system!

3 years on and do you still have it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pinin & Jnr technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: