Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Fuel Line

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Petrol model specific Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lee AJH

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 22:32    Post subject: Fuel Line Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a 1992 Mitsubishi Shogun 3 Litre V6 petrol. There has been a smell of fuel from the passenger side rear wheel, so got down to have a look and could see a small trace of fuel running down the front of tank from somewhere on top, so today removed tank and will jetwash it and look for holes tomorrow, however my question is: the fuel line return feed is rubber hose pushed onto tank unit and jubilee clipped which is correct, however the main feed line is not the same and has a nut type screw connector onto the tank with a length of about 18 inch hose to another nut type screw connector onto main line (bit like power steering high pressure hoses), previous owner must have removed the tank and couldn`t undo this joint so cut the flexipipe and then reconnected it by pushing a length of copper pipe into each cut end and then rejoining them using 2 jubilee clips and so I am now wondering if this joint was leaking (under pressure as copper ends have no ridged lip to seal) and squirting fuel onto top of tank and allowing it to run down the front. I cannot find one of these hoses anywhere, does anyone know about this short piece of pipe and offer advice.

Many thanks.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 22:32    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Somerset Bumpkin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 17:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't remove that pipe either when my pickup pipe rotted off as when you turned it you twisted the pipe. So I cut the end off and pushed it over my new pickup pipe. Since then though it takes a while to start, almost like there's no fuel primed.  Replace it if you can I would say. Probably have to go direct to Mitsi.  It's too late for me!
Lee AJH

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that, will contact a mitsubishi dealer tomorrow to try and locate one.
It seems on my fuel tank someone has removed the 3 seperator tanks and associated pipework and covered the pipe holes with some sort of putty stuff which has failed and so letting fuel escape onto tank when driving around (and fuel is sloshing about in tank). Shogun has been driving (normal road use) fine with these removed and relying on the single vent outlet next to the filler pipe. So for now have cleaned all 3 "pipe holes" and filled / covered with liquid metal...... Just need to locate a hose now  Smile
Lee AJH

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mitsubishi dealer eventually found the pipe (on a drawing on his computer) after much explaining and showing him photos of the hose and its connectors --- on the phone he told me there was no such hose  Confused
Anyway its a special order part, will take approx 10 working days to get to the Isle of Wight and will cost £54.00 + VAT.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Petrol model specific Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: