QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Roof Bars for SWB Paj

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / etc - non-technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fast but dim

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

how far back is the recess?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 19:20    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

mararmeisto

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes please. Where is that recess in the frame? Short of getting a 'real' set of roof racks for my Shortie and drilling holes in the roof, this looks like a much better option. What is the number of the feet for those rails?
charlieannear
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take some photos tomorrow and post them on this thread.

C.
charlieannear
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 20:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for the delay, it was persistently precipitating yesterday and I wasn't going out taking photos in that!  Rolling Eyes

This shows the relative location of the 'recess'

This shows how you can poke a lolly stick in behind the rubber seal and lever it so that you can fir the foot piece of the roof bars (a lolly stick won't cut the rubber or scratch the paint)

This shows how the foot of the roof bars fits in behind the rubber seals and sits in the 'recess'

This shows how after a couple of minutes the rubber seals return to their original shape around the foot of the roof bar.

Hope this helps!  Smile
fast but dim

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 20:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

ta, bit late, i got bored, and fitted mine Very Happy

not easy, took a bit of force to get it in, i wish i'd used a lolly stick!
mararmeisto

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realise this thread is ridiculously old, but since it was one of the first I searched/followed on this forum, I wanted to update with my own install.

Sadly, I was unable to source the kind of towers shown in this thread, but I did get some mounts and bars: bolted straight-thru the roof (with a dab of silicone sealant all-round). Will attach a photo once I get home from work.
tiza5ive

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 0:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

mararmeisto wrote:
Will attach a photo once I get home from work.

are you home yet ?
bryanwignall

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

ye are you home yet would like to see what happened
PHILmeister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 17:56    Post subject: shorty roofbars updated Reply with quote

This is an old thread, but worth updating for all those folks with 2nd gen shorties

My paj evo had no real options either for roofbars, and the helpful folks who posted numbers years ago were able to source thule parts but those are no longer available. I bought a universal gutterless style from Frontier, which is Thule's value brand. Then I went to work - bent the clamps a little, shaved off the rubber coating to make them slimmer, and filed the edges of the clamps to eliminate contact with the edges of the roof. Then I used a plastic spatula to locate the rear window drains. The rear most one was too close to the Pajero Evo's rear spoiler, so I used the second one. Judicious use of a heat gun helped to deflect the rubber seal enough to seat the clamp. Within minutes it had returned to its original shape.

Now I can put my kayaks or rooftop tent and awning up on top! Image attach is being flaky at the moment but I'll update with pics when it'll let me.

Cheers
Phil
trekker

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 17:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you've succeeded.  My older Mk1 lwb has a substantial gutter around the two sides and rear and has clamped the rails of our roof top tent, and a half length roof rack for 15 years.  Access to the tent cover and tie strap has been via a self made step which mounts on top of the tyre, more suited to a pair of gymnasts.  Rolling Eyes  Today I bought two neat tubular step ladders, 2 large steps on each and around 900mm high. So now access to the tent cover is more suited to our age and reduced agility.  Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / etc - non-technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: