Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Shogun Sport / L200 compatibility - Side Steps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neffian

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 18:20    Post subject: Shogun Sport / L200 compatibility - Side Steps Reply with quote

Hey everyone!

Just picked up my very first Shogun today; it's a 2001 Shogun Sport Equippe V6 and I'm thrilled to death with it!

However, the side steps/running boards are fairly heavily corroded (I definitely wouldn't want to put my full weight on them!) so I've been looking round for some new or good condition used ones. Does anyone know if the older L200 side steps will fit? I can't completely tell from pictures but they do look extremely similar.

Apologies if this has been asked before, but after a bit of searching I've been unable to find an answer.

Thanks in advance,

Steve.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 18:20    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

damon777

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 18:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had exactly the same problem with mine.  After googling I could only find half rotten 2nd hand ones.
In the end I found a new bespoke pair for my shogun sport. Stainless steel tunbes with 2 x rubber steps on both bars.
They actually look better than the originals have a look at driect 4x4 google them as I can not paste their web address.

Hope that helps.   Very Happy
Neffian

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

damon777 wrote:
I had exactly the same problem with mine.  After googling I could only find half rotten 2nd hand ones.
In the end I found a new bespoke pair for my shogun sport. Stainless steel tunbes with 2 x rubber steps on both bars.
They actually look better than the originals have a look at driect 4x4 google them as I can not paste their web address.

Hope that helps.   Very Happy

Thanks for the reply mate. Sadly I've just been in contact with direct 4x4 and they don't do them for the Shogun Sport any more  Crying or Very sad

I'm sure steps from other models must fit with minor adjustments but I'm struggling to find this information, so it's looking more and more like I'm going to have to fashion some new brackets myself!
Simon_W

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the side steps off my Challenger. I find it much easier to get in and out without them, and personally I think it looks better too.

If I did need to refit steps, I'd consider fitting these, which fit the Montero Sport (aka Challenger and Shogun Sport)  
https://www.pickupspecialties.com/Bully/black_bully_truck_side_steps.html

Just so that you know other options exist.
pheasant_plucker

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 14:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a set of stainless 4" side bars for a 2015 L200 made by Bragan off ebay for the grand price of the £49.99 starting bid.
Only slight modification is required to fit.
The brackets bolt straight on and require no modification.
You need to remove the end caps from the bars at both ends. One end of the bar needs shortening by a few inches.
The bolts line up perfectly on the centre bracket to the tube inset nuts, The outers don't but it is a simple job to drill two holes in the bottom of the step slip a nut in from the end and bolt it up. Refit the end caps and your done. The hardest part being getting the old bolt and nut off each bracket due to rust. I would soak them in Penetrating fluid every day for a week before removal.

Gerry
skool

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 17:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

pheasant_plucker wrote:
I bought a set of stainless 4" side bars for a 2015 L200 made by Bragan off ebay for the grand price of the £49.99 starting bid.
Only slight modification is required to fit.
The brackets bolt straight on and require no modification.
You need to remove the end caps from the bars at both ends. One end of the bar needs shortening by a few inches.
The bolts line up perfectly on the centre bracket to the tube inset nuts, The outers don't but it is a simple job to drill two holes in the bottom of the step slip a nut in from the end and bolt it up. Refit the end caps and your done. The hardest part being getting the old bolt and nut off each bracket due to rust. I would soak them in Penetrating fluid every day for a week before removal.

Gerry

Welcome to the forum Gerry !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: