Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Low idle, motor mounts or just exhaust? Also, cluster lights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Newbies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tester67

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 20:46    Post subject: Low idle, motor mounts or just exhaust? Also, cluster lights Reply with quote

Hi all is there a panel guide for the 2000 series Pajero/Shoguns?

I don't even have a manual as a rough guide and recently when driving along at around 65mph two lights in the bottom right of the cluster came on. One was green showing what looked like the drive train and four wheels. The other was red and looked like an oil /genie bottle indicator. Moments after I noticed, they turned off and did not return. I cannot say how long it was on for however I usually notice things like that instantly, so maybe it wasn't very long.

So..I will watch to see if the gauge lights return, but maybe that was an electrical fluke.

And is there a chance my motor mounts are going bad?

Maybe not related but recently I've been getting exhaust and cabin rattles - noteably made by the shield that sits on top of the rear muffler. Over time half of it corroded away and the remaining half is about to come undone on it's own. If I hold it down some, that particularly noise stops however the vehicle overall has quite a vibration at resting idle (around 500rpms) and the exhaust itself physically vibrates a lot (you can see it visibly going nuts at the pipe tip to the rear).

Also when I left off the accelerator, I hear a bit of a chime, like a ding sound. Like literally at the moment the throttle is disengaged there's a bell sounding clang. It's not massively loud, but obviously I can hear it over the motor.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 20:46    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

tester67

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

The model is 2004 Shogun Sport Warrior 2.6TD with 95,000 miles.
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most of your issues will disappear if you raise the idle speed -500 rpm is too low.

The standard diesel Pajero idles at 750rpm so yours will probably be the same.
tester67

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

peteinchad wrote:
I think most of your issues will disappear if you raise the idle speed -500 rpm is too low.

The standard diesel Pajero idles at 750rpm so yours will probably be the same.

Thanks, that sounds more reasonable as I noted that when I give it a throttle bump while idling, it sounds better, shakes less etc.

The cluster lights came on again last night. It was around 65mph and lasted for five seconds then turned off. Did not come back on again.
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

tester67 wrote:

The cluster lights came on again last night. It was around 65mph and lasted for five seconds then turned off. Did not come back on again.

How is the engine oil level?
Seanpajero

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 19:29    Post subject: Cluster lights Reply with quote

Mate, check the connection behind your front nearside side light. It corrodes and rots which drops your side, tail and dash lights in a oner, if all your fuses etc are good, that's where I'd look, easy job to put a new connection in 5 min job.
tester67

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 18:49    Post subject: Re: Cluster lights Reply with quote

Seanpajero wrote:
Mate, check the connection behind your front nearside side light. It corrodes and rots which drops your side, tail and dash lights in a oner, if all your fuses etc are good, that's where I'd look, easy job to put a new connection in 5 min job.

Hi Sean to be clear are you talking about the driver side head light? The wiring is all in one and it gets corroded, causing the cluster and other lights to play up? Would that not affect equally my signals and brake lights?

peteinchad wrote:
tester67 wrote:

How is the engine oil level?

Just checked it, seems it's on the lowest notch on the stick..thinking it's getting low. I could understand if the warning light was indicating that, however why is the four wheel drive system light coming on  ( that is what the green drive train indicator is correct).

Thanks
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 19:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

tester67 wrote:
The other was red and looked like an oil /genie bottle indicator.

I was referring to the red one coming on. I think you need to top it up.

Your 4WD light may be due to something different - have you checked the vacuum pipes on the engine for leaks/splits?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Newbies All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: