Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Mk2 shogun permanent live to new sterio help please.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danny4494

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:31    Post subject: Mk2 shogun permanent live to new sterio help please. Reply with quote

As title says got a permanent live to my sterio so it can turn on and off with no key in ignition and also when you switch the car off it stays in and you got to switch it off or take the radio front off.

Anyone else had this issue ? I tried swapping yellow and red around and exactly the same, also is it anything to do with it having full winter pack with twin battires because the clock and cigarette lighter also on permanent lives?

Is anyone else clock stay on when the cars switched off ?

Main problem I'm worrying about is battery drain even with the front off or am I just been paranoid?

Thanks in advance any info much apricaited
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:31    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

My clock display goes off when I switch off the ignition - as does the cigarette lighter and power sockets.

The stereo should have two live wires going to it - one is permanent live for the memory of the stereo and the other is only live when the ignition is on - so the stereo can only be used with the key in the "acc" position or the "run" position.

Mine also has twin batteries - it is nothing to do with your stereo wiring.
Danny4494

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that I had multi metre on back of sterio I have 2 permenant lives anyone got any ideas why I have permanent lives to everything ?
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 13:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny4494 wrote:
anyone got any ideas why I have permanent lives to everything ?

Stereo wiring on lots of cars gets bodged by previous owners.

If you look at THIS

You will see that the permanent live should be Red with Black Stripe

and the ignition live should be Blue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: