Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Pajero MK2 2.8 camper conversion (bed on wheels)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Camping discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Pierre

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 14:03    Post subject: Pajero MK2 2.8 camper conversion (bed on wheels) Reply with quote

I have recently returned from a 2 year trip around Europe in my Pajero 1995 2.8 Mk 2. Other than a seized rear caliper and a split top radiator hose i had no other problems at all..... 35,000 reliable miles!

Basically me and my partner lived in the truck every night for the duration. we took out the back seats and put a bed in utilizing the rear wheel arch mounting points. other than 4 bolts the bed is 'free floating' but is as steady as a rock.
it leaves room for 8.... yes 8 large plastic storage boxes to be placed underneath with all out gear in.

i also fitted curtains all round, mozzy nets (using a picture frame style insert into the window with mozzy netting), roof rack and box, an awning (using awning rail from a caravan and an old donor caravan awning).

we went through 26 countries including Albania, Bosnia, Macedonia and Romania which incidentally included some moderately hard, sustained off road.

I can honestly say i couldn't have been more pleased with my weapon of choice after debating taking a land cruiser, Terrana or tarting up an older camper van.

I am going to gather some photos together to put on here as i though you all might be interested in my mods and how the truck fared.

Thanks, John
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 14:03    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

John Pierre

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 21:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

The GPS log of our route.... it was purely to help us navigate but as a second function provided us with a nice diary!

This is the Paj a month or two in, at 'les medjulas' in northern Spain

The bed in the back with the storage boxes.... its amazing how you can get used to living like this

This is in Albania where this park ranger on the scooter took us to see Dalmatian pelicans, he laughed as he told me he was very impressed where we had drove the paj to follow him.... he explained they have a 4x4 for the area rangers but they never take it down there.... too bumpy... cheers mate!
John Pierre

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 21:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nice reliable Albanian Ferry!

Paj on said reliable ferry.... cost to cross £1.50...

Croatia, down to Minus 14 here.... little struggle to start!

Some local Gibraltarians investigating the Pajamper van.... they stole the Spanish lemon of the dashboard in the end....
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! - that looks like a really good adventure!

I'm glad the Pajero held up to the journey - well done!
Jutwit

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome, nice to see someone going off the beaten track and not your usual gap year destinations 👍
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Camping discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: