QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Rear diff top bushing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> EVO technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zez

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 22:02    Post subject: Rear diff top bushing Reply with quote

Hello,

Has anybody here needed to replace the top bushing of the rear diff? The one that bolts on to the chassis?

I have tried to identify it but Mitsubishi does not sell the bushing separately.

Any help with size and measures of it would be appreciated.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 22:02    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Pajero James

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 0:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is year?
riceboy

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:36    Post subject: diff bushing Reply with quote

"Has anybody here needed to replace the top bushing of the rear diff? The one that bolts on to the chassis?"

if i remember correctly it is molded into the housing. you can have a new one molded in. Speak to Andre at Andre's rubber in Cape Town  http://www.andresrubber.com
he did mine. He also did all the suspension bushes, which have held up really well.
zez

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 20:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pajero James wrote:
What is year?

zez

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 20:36    Post subject: Re: diff bushing Reply with quote

riceboy wrote:
"Has anybody here needed to replace the top bushing of the rear diff? The one that bolts on to the chassis?"

if i remember correctly it is molded into the housing. you can have a new one molded in. Speak to Andre at Andre's rubber in Cape Town  http://www.andresrubber.com
he did mine. He also did all the suspension bushes, which have held up really well.

Will speak with him. Thanks
eyetye54

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Zez,

the part number below for the bush you require and link where you can buy it, you wont get it from SA Mitsubishi ,they want you to buy the complete diff housing at over R 50000.00 ,whilst the bush will cost you +- USD 19.00

MB864708 MITSUBISHI (BUSHING,DIF)  

cheers ,good luck
zez

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 20:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

eyetye54 wrote:
Hi Zez,

the part number below for the bush you require and link where you can buy it, you wont get it from SA Mitsubishi ,they want you to buy the complete diff housing at over R 50000.00 ,whilst the bush will cost you +- USD 19.00

cheers ,good luck

Nice one, thanks. No link though. How did you get that reference?

Could order one here, being the After Sales Manager of Mitsubishi in Mozambique but as I am going on holidays tomorrow to Portugal, I will try to get one there. Will be quicker.

I lowered the diff today to take measurements and I reckon that it is an easy replacement.

Cheers
eyetye54

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 0:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Zez,

will gladly give you a link but I am prevented on this medium as I have not made sufficient posts try contacting me using this mail : riccolorrie at gmail dot com
thank you
zez

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 13:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

No luck, part discontinued. Need to find another option.
riceboy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

eyetye54 wrote:
Hi Zez,

cheers ,good luck

I knew there was a reason we went with another solution haha
agrabau

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done a lot of research on this and I think that the 2G DSM rear differential carrier bushings are the same. The catch is that the factory did not make these available unless sold as part of the entire subframe. The good news is that chassis is well supported by the aftermarket and there are a lot of polyurethane and aluminum bushing kits available. The best looking one I can find is from Ukraine and they will not sell to me. The cost is only $11 dollars US.

http://www.vtulka.ru/product_info.php?products_id=667

If someone has connections to buy this/import these I will gladly buy some from them.

I can get more homemade looking ones here in the USA but these look good.
agrabau

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 20:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just able to buy one through Amayama. They appear to still be available.  OEM.. so, cancel my request for the Ukraine version (for now)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> EVO technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: