QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Box section rust proofing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seekay

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 18:46    Post subject: Box section rust proofing. Reply with quote

Does anyone know what the stuff is that car manufacturers/repairers spray onto the metal inside wings etc, its as sticky as hell & won't come off very easily.

Its a clear & very very sticky liquid for sure that you certainly could not scrape off without a lot of hard work.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 18:46    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

tom fenton
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cavity wax, any decent automotive refinishing supplier will sell you some, you'll need a gun and compressor to apply it.
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Dinitrol HERE

Comes in aerosols with a long extension tube - gets everywhere inside my truck box sections. It is brown, not clear though. If you have a compressor then they also sell it in canisters.
davidsmith1307

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buzzweld cavity wax is also very good. They do a wide range of products and if you email or follow them on Facebook and you can ask the owner for specific info and advice on product combinations, application details etc. Good products.
seekay

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 18:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

peteinchad wrote:
I use Dinitrol HERE

Comes in aerosols with a long extension tube - gets everywhere inside my truck box sections. It is brown, not clear though. If you have a compressor then they also sell it in canisters.

Will this stop rust if you find any by spraying onto the rust.
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 20:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

seekay wrote:

Will this stop rust if you find any by spraying onto the rust.

I buy THIS KIT - it comes with an aerosol of rust converter (they sell it separately as well)

Nothing will completely stop rust once it has taken hold but the cavity wax has rust inhibitors to slow it down - and the wax excludes moisture which helps to slow down any more rust forming.

Every second summer I do the following:

I go to an HGV testing station and pay them £25 to steam clean the underside.
I then spend a day (or two) with a scraper and wire brush cleaning off any loose rust .
I spray any areas of rust with the rust converter.
The cavities then get sprayed with the cavity wax.
Then the underbody wax goes on the floor and chassis.

I do the wheelarches with "Finnigans Underbody seal with Wayoxyl" (from Halfords) as it is tougher for areas that get a lot of water spray off the wheels.

The first time I did it was horribly dirty work but the second time was easy as there was no loose rust to remove.

There is more than enough in that kit to do the truck once for the first time - and I only used half of it for the second time I did it. It is worth reapplying every 3 to 4 years - but I'm a bit OTT so it gets done every second year.

And don't forget to do inside the sills (there are rubber bungs that can be removed to get the nozzle in) - and inside the doors and behind the back trim panels to protect the rear wheel arches

VIKI

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 21:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anticor 9909 works for me😉 not cheapest around but makes Undersealing a" dodle" 😉
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: