2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Rear Light Mod

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Mk4 / Gen4 2006 on models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlBez

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 15:49    Post subject: Rear Light Mod Reply with quote

Hi all.

So how exactly do I do this rear light mod? Lots of threads telling me how easy it is, just connect a wire here and there and hey presto.

Has anyone any pics of it wired up so I can copy. Please. Or explain to me in detail what I do.

Please help, someone...

As I say, lots of threads of people doing it, some with pictures of before and after etc but none really explaining how it's done

Thanks.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 15:49    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

AlBez

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on guys surely someone can help??
Simon_W

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this one of the links that you've read?  3.2 rear tail/brake light mod with pics

Surely the wiring is just a matter of identifying the particular circuit you are looking for and then splicing an additional wire into it for the new bulb holder? And supplying an earth of course.
AlBez

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_W wrote:
Is this one of the links that you've read?  3.2 rear tail/brake light mod with pics

Surely the wiring is just a matter of identifying the particular circuit you are looking for and then splicing an additional wire into it for the new bulb holder? And supplying an earth of course.

Thanks mate. As far as I’m led to believe all the bulbs etc are already there. Just a case of connecting some wires but I don’t know which ones?
Simon_W

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlBez wrote:
Thanks mate. As far as I’m led to believe all the bulbs etc are already there. Just a case of connecting some wires but I don’t know which ones?

From the look of the images there are no bulbs or bulb holders there. That's why you've got to drill out the light unit.  I am sure that if you start taking things apart you'll soon realise what's needed to be done.
medicman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi AlBez, Simon I think he’s got a mk4 which has the same rear lens cluster as the mk3 but with all the bulb holders intact,

AlBez find my post on it and all will be revealed, no pics needed just remove the lenses and look for the wires once you’ve removed

The insulating tape that’s hiding the wire you need to re-join, and you have to keep the rear door closed to removal the drivers one.

Hope this helpd
AlBez

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

medicman wrote:
Hi AlBez, Simon I think he’s got a mk4 which has the same rear lens cluster as the mk3 but with all the bulb holders intact,

AlBez find my post on it and all will be revealed, no pics needed just remove the lenses and look for the wires once you’ve removed

The insulating tape that’s hiding the wire you need to re-join, and you have to keep the rear door closed to removal the drivers one.

Hope this helpd

Thanks mate. I’m happy enough taking it to bits and joining wires up. I just don’t know where to
Join this loose wire to?

I know there is a loose wire, join some spare wire to that but what do I join the other end to? I have found your post and it says to join it to the appropriate wire in the plug. Any chance you could tell me which one is the appropriate one please. I don’t have a multimeter so can’t really check. Thanks.

Thanks for your help.
AlBez

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 14:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...

Quick update for those who are bothered, if any?

Took the light unit off and screwed it straight back on. I haven’t got a clue what the fk I’m doing! Not starting cutting wires as I’ll cut the wrong one and break something.

So if anyone lives round Manchester and knows what they’re doing and are free on a weekend I can happily pay in tea, beer, and bacon buttons if you fancy helping me. Also happy to pay an auto electrician as I could do with this job doing for winter. Especially with the Mrs driving with the kids in.

Thanks to everyone for their help
medicman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 15:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I’ve sent you a PM and picture tell me if you got it.
AlBez

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 15:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

medicman wrote:
Hi I’ve sent you a PM and picture tell me if you got it.

No I’ve received nothing mate. I sent you a pm yesterday too which I don’t know if it’s gone through. You can email it direct to me please if you would allenberry83@gmail.com

Thanks for your help.
medicman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 20:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi just resent pic with instructions to your email address.

Hope this helps
zakspeed

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 20:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

So all I need to do is insert a bulb into existing holders and fix it to the appropriate  wires.

Do I have to cut into the plastic light cluster to make a hole .
Dobie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done mine. The rear side light is already in, as said above, remove tape and a spare wire will be revealed, connect this to the multi plug coming from the body.

The indicator is slightly harder. You need bulb and holder, about a tenner from eBay. Then drill 25mm hole into top of cluster. The moulding is there, just drill it out. Insert holder and seal. Then you need to connect ground to the black wire of the bulb below and the positive to the only remaining unused cable at the body multi plug.

Mid job, prior to soldering and heatshrink, I suggest testing before you tidy it all up...

Result..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Mk4 / Gen4 2006 on models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: