Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

MOT Fail Inner front offside wing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> MOT / Servicing Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mogs

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 21:39    Post subject: MOT Fail Inner front offside wing Reply with quote

Hi all,

My Paj has just failed its MOT mostly on all of the brake pipes from the front to the rear and over the axle. I usually have it tested at Kwick-fit just for the convienience of being in town. For this work they have quoted over £400 that also includes new rear pads which I new were a bit low however that seems way to expensive. They also failed the truck on excessive corrossion on the inner wing where the plastic rivit secures the wheel arch liner thats going to be another £100. I could be wrong but I didnt think the inner wings on a Paj were classed as structual??

Ive got the pads and a rear set of brake pipes on order from Milners just need to find a cheeper garage in Norwich to do the rest of the work.

Any advice would great.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 21:39    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Pajero James

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 22:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mot is a joke and sadly not a funny one, totally corrupt. An mot garage failing a vehicle and offering to fix it for sums of money.  Confused
That's why I have been driving foreign reg here for last year, go holidays abroad once a year so get its paper work sorted when over. Funny that I can get an mot for a uk reg car/4x4 in other countries that they are residing so go figure that one.
Simon_W

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 23:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pajero James wrote:
That's why I have been driving foreign reg here for last year, go holidays abroad once a year so get its paper work sorted when over. Funny that I can get an mot for a uk reg car/4x4 in other countries that they are residing so go figure that one.

I assume you're a UK resident. In that case  I am very sure that you are not allowed to use non-UK registered vehicles on UK roads. The only exceptions are if you:

a) work in another European Union (EU) member state and use an EU-registered company car temporarily in the UK
b) lease an EU-registered car and use this temporarily in the UK

Pajero James wrote:
Funny that I can get an mot for a uk reg car/4x4 in other countries that they are residing so go figure that one.

Really? Where? My understanding is that you can only get a UK MOT test completed in the UK.
Pajero James

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 23:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 100% compliant in what I'm doing Simon, i got an mot posted to me in Spain three weeks ago. That same car hasn't left Spain in four years.
Pajero James

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 23:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 100% compliant in what I'm doing Simon, i got an mot posted to me in Spain three weeks ago. That same car hasn't left Spain in four years.
NorfolkWarrior

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 15:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you find a cheaper bodywork place ?
I’ve just got an mot and had exactly the same advisory.
Slight brake pipe corrosion and some corrosion on the front bottom of the rear wheel arches.

I’m in Norwich btw.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> MOT / Servicing Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: