2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

LHD Evo for continental Europe

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> EVO discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cebe

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 15:48    Post subject: Finally purchased my EVO !! Reply with quote

After much deliberation I finally purchased my PajEVO and imported it into Italy.

It is one of the very last VIN (above 2600) with manual gearbox and converted to LHD, very rare indeed!

Just drove it for about 20 km from the custom to the nearest Mitsubishi dealer in order to have a good mechanical check-up done.

It shows about 95.000 km on the odometer and it looks reasonable given the very good condition of the seats, almost without wear.

Engine runs smooth with stable temperature and oil pressure at 2 bar when idle and about 6 bar at 3000 rpm.

The car came in 2007 from Japan and was converted then in LHD, very few km done afterword; probably has been sitting idle since at least 5 years.
Unfortunately the outside body pain is not in the best shape, despite being 100% original: too much time sitting outside, neglected ... Mad

See my new avatar for the "beast".

Looking forward to put it back on the road!  Razz
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 15:48    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

JOHNVOR

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks you got a very good evolution. I hope you enjoy it. Just a friendly note, put some fresh oil in it....
riceboy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

congratulations! I am sure you are going to have fun with it.
cebe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 15:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you John for the advise.

I am definitely planning a long list of mechanical maintenance (including new oil and filters all-around ... engine, gearbox, differentials) and the timing belt change at the same time.
I believe the belt could be a liability in a car that has been used very little or close to zero in the last 5-7 years.

She is (the EVO) already booked-in at a local Mitsu garage for the maintenance and an overall inspection.
I will drive minimal km before a full inspection.
JOHNVOR

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats the spirit!!!!Do a good service and you will be fine. The problem with this car is that most owners leave it at garage for long time. The beast wants to go out and play....
if you can(the mechanics) take a rocker cover off and see if and how much dirty is inside....Check for oil leaks on engine and oil pressure at engine and you will be fine.Check that mivec is working...Its not that expensive as people think. I have a v25 pajero 3500cc also and it has the same price parts....
I hope you enjoy it....
cebe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 17:49    Post subject: Beast has checked-in for service Reply with quote

On Monday I have checked-in the Pajevo with a very reputable Mitsu service center in Northern Italy.

I had to go for a workshop that was both official Mitsu and with race experience, as the regular Mitsu network was afraid of putting their hands on such beast ...  Laughing  

The owner of this workshop is also a racer and past Italian Rally Raid Champion, with specific experience on the Evos: I should be in safe hands.

We did a short test drive of the car and he confirmed that looks pretty sound but it has definitely a clutch that is on its last legs.  Confused

After the car will be fully checked and serviced I will have to wait until I can get it registered and tagged in Italy, this process unfortunately will probably extend well into 2018.  Evil or Very Mad  

It will be a long wait until I can drive it and enjoy.  Sad
cebe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having to do both the belt change and the clutch replacement we have decided  to go for a full engine-out service ...  will be expensive but better be safe than sorry ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> EVO discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: