eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Gen 3 12n/12s dedicated socket wiring?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Towing & technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Razler1979

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 15:32    Post subject: Gen 3 12n/12s dedicated socket wiring? Reply with quote

Hi I have a mk 3 did shogun 2002 is there a dedicated wiring plug for the complete towing electrics 12n /12S
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 15:32    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

iam_TJ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 17:26    Post subject: Mark 3 LWB towing electrics, socket in wiring harness? Reply with quote

I'm reviving this question since it didn't get an answer.

2002/3 Mark 3 3500 GDi LWB Facelift.  Does it have a dedicated socket anywhere in the wiring harnesses for towing electrics connections, and if so, where ?

I've searched the wiring harness configuration diagrams and parts lists in the workshop manuals and cannot find mention of one but from other threads here and elsewhere the consensus seems to be that Mitsi do fit one so dealers can easily add a towbar if required.

I don't want to go tapping into the rear lights if there's a socket hidden away somewhere!

Removable tow-bar is fitted and I was going to put the electrics on from the tow-hitch on back but don't want to re-assemble the bumper, lights, and trim if I'll need to tap into wiring.
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 18:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to this

http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=142216&sid=c52a21c7a05fca32ad9d3b5c474966b9

The MkIII doesn't have one
iam_TJ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

peteinchad wrote:
The MkIII doesn't have one

Thanks!

Typical isn't it, vehicle begging to tow and no provision. Now I've got to run a live feed from front to back as well as tap in! Looks like it'll be dark by the time it's done.

I've been taking photos along the way so will post them to the DIY section in a few days.
Simonfathead

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it helps i have the split charge relay in the little cubby hole in the boot the rest are fed from the upper light clusters (brakes/side, reverse, fog and indictors)
iam_TJ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 7:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simonfathead wrote:
if it helps i have the split charge relay in the little cubby hole in the boot the rest are fed from the upper light clusters (brakes/side, reverse, fog and indictors)

How did you tap into the wires for the upper light clusters? Presumably somewhere behind the luggage area side and window trims, after removing them?

I'm planning on doing it from the front of the vehicle, not the back, because if the audible tell-tale (that confirms trailed unit indicators are operating) is in the back it won't be audible in the front.

The wiring harness diagrams in the workshop manual show the left- and right-side floor harnesses that carry those wires meet together in the centre console under the storage box and there are plugs there so instead of tapping into wires I can solder onto the rear of the plug pins.  It'll also mean the audible tell-tale will be difficult to miss.

I've got a TEC3M 30 amp auto switching relay (for auxiliary/leisure battery charging) and PCT ZR2500 Bypass relay. It looks easier to route the twin feeds from the engine compartment battery to the TEC3M in the centre console, tap into the left/right harnesses carrying the rear light circuits for the ZR2500, and then run a single 13-core cable from there to the tow bar.
Simonfathead

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 8:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never did mine it was done before i bought her, the splice connections are fed from behind the upper light clusters as the wiring is all there even though there not used (well mine are i have extra brake/side lights and indicators also 2 rear fogs)
The audio alarm on mine is there but it is very quiet, it took me a while to work out what it was, as the sound only comes on when towing and using the indicators. So it only makes a noise when you indicate ( i suppose to let you know its still connected).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Towing & technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: